Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.46.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a software update notification tonight. Going to the car, no update to install. I went to the SC this morning and we saw firmware 2018.46 was send then removed ! The SC said, I have to wait a couple of day because firmware 2018.46 was not available right now.

The maps and code for it is already in the car and functional. I assume (guess might be better) that when the car reports back to the mothership as being in Canada, it is told to turn off the feature. The reverse happens when you enter the US.

It’s not real time geo-fenced.

I wonder if you could drive to the US, and then pull out the SIM card, delete all of your WiFi connections, and keep the feature back in Canada. I’d bet money that would work. It would prove or disprove my theory, at least...

The maps and code for it is already in the car and functional. I assume (guess might be better) that when the car reports back to the mothership as being in Canada, it is told to turn off the feature. The reverse happens when you enter the US.

It’s not real time geo-fenced.

I wonder if you could drive to the US, and then pull out the SIM card, delete all of your WiFi connections, and keep the feature back in Canada. I’d bet money that would work. It would prove or disprove my theory, at least...

That might work to get NoA on a car in Canada but that doesn't mean that it is the version that Tesla will enable in Canada.

I was already on the phone with Tesla customer service about a different issue, so took the opportunity to ask about 2018.46.1. Tanna (sp?) claimed that only 0.17% of vehicles currently are on it. She didn't know anything else about it, but handed me off to Aaron in vehicle support who said this must be an early access firmware because he couldn't pull up the release notes which indicates it isn't what he referred to as a public firmware. His best guess was that this firmware has additional cold weather improvements over the 44.2 for Model 3. I asked who would have more info and he said the early access team is the only one who would and I wasn't able to motivate him to try to reach them, though I didn't try very hard. He also said sometimes there are no release notes.

• Informative
Reactions: croman and SeBsZ
Here you go. This is from my model 3

Attachments

• 1AE6EF2E-E32F-4AC4-AF41-DBE30D143393.jpeg
    1AE6EF2E-E32F-4AC4-AF41-DBE30D143393.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 345
  • Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike