Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.46.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The full screen map does seem to slow down the MCU. I usually run Tesla wind on the browser with map on top. In v8, everything is good. In v9, the website lags badly. If I start the sketch pad, which hides the map, then the website runs just fine.

I hope tesla would spend some time to optimize the software for us old MCU people. I like v9, but it seems to exceed the spec of the MCU.

Couldn't agree more with this. MCU1 doesn't seem up to the job with V9 in a car that was sold with EAP and requires V9 for these features. Having to reset my MCU every other day for something and it is so laggy. The web browser is unusable in my opinion. Definitely a combination of not enough ram and processing power.

Got 46.2 last night also. From the comments does not appear my number one item will be solved. AP phantom braking when motorcycle lane splitters go by - in the U.S. may just be a California problem. Problem (for me) began with v9. Other than this life with my 75D has been a beautiful experience!

I got it last night. I had 2 bugs on my wish list.

1. iPhone auto plays music when getting in the car. I can confirm that this is not solved.
2. Turning on climate control from the app used to turn on the seat heaters prior to v9. I have not had a chance to check this yet.

1. iPhone auto plays music when getting in the car. I can confirm that this is not solved.

This is really annoying. I finally disabled cellular data for all of the music apps on my phone because they were streaming music even when I selected a different source in the car's UI (which I had to do quite often because the car is horrible at remembering what audio source I had selected when I exited).

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I also got 46.2 last night. No download activity after it downloaded the ~700MB update. Then I did a short 30 minute trip this afternoon, and ever since the car is back and on wifi it's been downloading. It is now at 1.3GB after 2 hours and counting.

I already have the latest European maps (the ~7GB download a few months ago). Are there newer maps? Anyone else seeing this?

JHAYGDz.png

The tall peak is the 2018.46.2 download early this morning.

pb91Iou.png

Strange, I've never had any issues with streaming music skipping in v9 42.3 - just updated to 46.2 tonight so...
It has been there since V9 released, I suspected it has something to do with the extraordinarily weak Nvidia Tegra 3 processor in the MCU1 units, however, I have had people in other forums with MCU2 also complain of skipping, it is not a long skip, just a split second interruption (like a skip on a small scratch of a vinyl record if you remember those) . Happens almost every song at least once sometimes twice. I correlated it to happen most of the time when i have the map in heads up mode and I am making a turn or taking a curve such that the map needs to rotate. I can only get it to stop by "hiding" that damn persistent nav/map in the background.

Last edited:
Reactions: quickstrike12
I got the update for 2018.46.2 last night and noticed this on the main display this morning:

ak4hRTF.jpg

Assuming this senses occupancy and disables rear climate. Other than that, not clear if there are any UI or functionality changes.

• Informative
Reactions: Bogobec
It has been there since V9 released, I suspected it has something to do with the extraordinarily weak Nvidia Tegra 3 processor in the MCU1 units, however, I have had people in other forums with MCU2 also complain of skipping, it is not a long skip, just a split second interruption (like a skip on a small scratch of a vinyl record if you remember those) . Happens almost every song at least once sometimes twice. I correlated it to happen most of the time when i have the map in heads up mode and I am making a turn or taking a curve such that the map needs to rotate. I can only get it to stop by "hiding" that damn persistent nav/map in the background.
I completely agree with all of this. And I will add that is much worse today when I also added the energy graph above the music. Maybe it was just too much for it. Terrible stuttering and skipping throughout the song.
What I haven’t quite figured out is why it’s on some MCU1 cars but not others. My friends car has NO issues at all with this. He’s a MCU1 car with AP 2.0 model S.
I’m MCU1 with AP 2.5 model S.
Same maps I assume since we both run 46.2 version with NoA.
Hhhmmm sighs

Reactions: MelaniainLA
First Autopilot behavior change I've noticed:

I have a spot on my commute where the left-most lane on the freeway (fast lane) ends and merges somewhat abruptly into the adjacent lane. Previously AP would handle this merge fine with no traffic around, but did so pretty poorly if there was traffic in the adjacent lane - acting very abruptly, slamming on the brakes at the last minute - basically the car acted as if it had no awareness a merge was coming (likely because it didn't) and only reacted to the situation once it realized the road lines were smashing it into another vehicle.

This morning, the car anticipated the merge (reading signs or painted arrows in the lane, or other map-based lane data?) detected a car in the adjacent lane, proactively slowed down to stay behind the car in the other lane, and merged in behind it without drama.

Pretty impressive. Note this was regular autopilot/autosteer, not Navigate on Autopilot.

I already have the latest European maps (the ~7GB download a few months ago). Are there newer maps? Anyone else seeing this?

There are, certainly a few of us in the UK have had another map update. I've had at least 2, I think, since getting the "grey" maps. You don't seem to get any notification that they have been unpacked either, unlike with the old maps where you had a message on the MCU.

Neither are they particularly up to date, my daughters road which is a year old doesn't show up - although it doesn't on regular Google maps, Apple or Bing.

• Informative
Reactions: iboy

2. Turning on climate control from the app used to turn on the seat heaters prior to v9. I have not had a chance to check this yet.

I'm on 42.2 and seat / steering wheel heaters turn on when turning on climate control from app - although it seems as though the car temp needs to be below 60 degrees.