Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. They should talk to some people from cold climates (define it as a min 30 days per year where the car registers a temp below -40 ( which is the same in F or C)) to help adjust it.

I'm all for them actually doing some testing in colder climates, but this kinda seems a bit extreme. 30 days a year where the temp is below -40? That can't honestly be that many places on earth that humans like to go to..

[/me wanders off to do some google searching on average temperatures near the poles]

Reactions: StefanSarzio
I don't understand why when I hit the front windshield defog button it turns on, BUT when I hit the same button again it turns off the windshield defog AND turns on the A/C.

Is there a way to turn off the front windshield defog and not have the A/c turn on?
If by saying A/C you meant climate control then I saw this tip earlier in the thread... Press and hold the fan button in the bottom bar and that'll toggle climate control on/off without any popups.

In the U.K. we don’t have extremes of weather but I do what I’ve always done with every car I’ve had with the Auto feature. I leave it enabled and control the temp to suit. If the front windshield needs defoggimh/misting I hit the button. If the rear needs defrosting I hit that button.

All seems to work perfectly well and I trust the HVAC to know what it’s doing.

Reactions: JohnnyG
2) Wifi seems to be crashing a lot more (i.e. keeps dropping the connection and goes into initialization mode)
That is a known problem (search TMC) which got worse with v9. Pre v9 I was able to solve it by keeping a dedicated, 2.4GHz only network for the 2 cars we have (MCU1 and MCU2). After v9, I have to add yet another wifi network, one 2.4GHz only for MCU1 and one dual-band for MCU2 to keep the cars from going through the re-connection loop.

• Helpful
Reactions: Shateam
That is a known problem (search TMC) which got worse with v9. Pre v9 I was able to solve it by keeping a dedicated, 2.4GHz only network for the 2 cars we have (MCU1 and MCU2). After v9, I have to add yet another wifi network, one 2.4GHz only for MCU1 and one dual-band for MCU2 to keep the cars from going through the re-connection loop.
I haven’t noticed this issue. I do have a 3 and an MCU1 in the same network with no observed issues.

Quick notes:

a) I finally tried the 'fart' app yesterday and OMG, I was laughing my ass off. That was funny
b) I also noticed the TACC speed reset issue, STUPID update... they need to reverse this ASAP.
c) I still have the issue where my Dolby setting gets turned off regularly, I have to keep turning it back on
d) This *is* tech, not a "luxury car"... seriously, if you want a "luxury car" go buy a Mercedes or Audi. You have a choice you know. Should have been pretty obvious what Tesla was about before you bought

Reactions: StefanSarzio
48.x & IOS app 3.7.0 now show Superchargers nearby in the app. I was in the Chicago loop yesterday, and the nearest one it showed was in Skokie, while there are 4 downtown (albeit urban SCs). Right now I am charging at one of two SCs in Madison, WI, and the closest one it shows is Rockford, 60 miles away. Anyone else seeing this?

- autopilot is much smoother in city driving. Freeway is the same.
- starting from stop is faster now. Not much faster but still very welcome change.
- keeping speed after autosteer forced disconnection is good. Normally you force autosteer to disengage in a critical situation and I always hated when at the same time the car started to accelerate to the preset speed. Now it's safer and no sudden speeding.

I had just a weird charging behavior. Arrived home, plugged the car into the wall connector and as the car locked the connector, the white light on the charging port just disappeared instead of going green and there was a message check power on the dash. After reboot, the car started charging as usually... This is completely new and never happened to me before. The WC was all the time ready and green.

Also posted in the 3 thread:

iOS Tesla 3.8 is out! As was said it may take a while for everyone to see it.

One interesting thing I’m seeing is that you need Climate running to turn on the seats (and wheel in my X). Checking to see if it will leave them on if you turn the Climate off. As you may want to only run seats, etc.

New Android one is out too now

Screenshot_20181221-193539.png Screenshot_20181221-193559.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Also posted in the 3 thread:

iOS Tesla 3.8 is out! As was said it may take a while for everyone to see it.

One interesting thing I’m seeing is that you need Climate running to turn on the seats (and wheel in my X). Checking to see if it will leave them on if you turn the Climate off. As you may want to only run seats, etc.

I clicked on schedule service, and what is this? a history of past service appointments? Interesting....

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG