Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on 2018.42.2 before. It will come. Just be connected to wifi. If you have a service ticket, you are front of the line for updates. After a while, I stopped caring unless they have major features. This one seems like a minor update for everyone other than the one app feature (and I got some other minor features and security fixes in 2018.46.x releases).

Just be glad you can update through the app, that is the single greatest best thing to happen in terms of convenience since I took delivery in 2016.

You need to charge your phone...

I installed 2018.48 in a x75d 2.5hw today. I was previously on 44. I got a chance to drive around tonight on rural and main roads. Unfortunately, autopilot has a wierd new behavior. Not only does it hug the left and/or center line more than in previous versions, but it consistently crosses over the lane line on inside of the curve. So if the curve turns right, the X crosses OVER the right lane line for the entirety. If the curve turns left, the X crosses over the left lane line. At first I thought it must be a fluke, or just recalibrating for the new update. Unfortunately, no, it's just poor driving through curves. For the record, I love autopilot and use it all the time. In 48, something definitely changed for the worse.

I updated my car from the app Friday night. I tapped the notification and it asked me to confirm, then it gave me two minutes to cancel the update like you’d expect. Unfortunately each time I’ve gotten into the car the next day, it said it was validating the update or something. I’m able to close this out but the app has also shown the status as an update in progress (until I plugged in the car). I haven’t checked on it since.

The one other thing the car shows for me is the PIN to Drive window pops up in different locations each time now, a minor security convenience. I’m actually surprised they did this.

• Informative
Reactions: Penfold
What is the charging stopped bug?
The app shows Charging Stopped instead of the scheduled start time for charging.

I hope the surround display is more accurate and staple. It is a bit embarrassing for others to see how cars are jumping around and phasing im and out of existence.
Are surrounding cars displayed better in others' cars? :rolleyes:

Other observations with this release:

1) New messages displayed on the "footer" of the MCU (see pic). Not sure I have seen "Range Mode” there before

2) Wifi seems to be crashing a lot more (i.e. keeps dropping the connection and goes into initialization mode)

3) Could simply be a coincidence but received the low tire pressure alert after upgrading. First time I've seen that in almost 2 years of ownership. It is getting much colder out so may be a legit warning. Will try to put air in my tires and see if it goes away.

image1.jpeg

Disappointing nothing new on AP front.
Oh well. Patience grasshopper.
I do like the range mode being displayed at bottom. That makes sense being under climate controls to remind you why the heat is working slowly

Maybe it has some fixes for the glitches and stuttering in the streaming audio? Fingers crossed

I saw a message at the bottom this morning saying something like the windows might fog up because of the manual climate controls. I forgot what it said something, but it disappeared when I set it to auto. This is in 2018.46.2 but seemed relevant to this conversation.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I saw a message at the bottom this morning saying something like the windows might fog up because of the manual climate controls. I forgot what it said something, but it disappeared when I set it to auto. This is in 2018.46.2 but seemed relevant to this conversation.

My windows fog with auto. I'm turning on windshield air almost every longer drive with v9.