Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 48 the first day it rolled out. It improved autopilot and NoA from my experience. The hold steering wheel reminder has a new holding wheel graphic, and I may be crazy, but it seems like the efficiency has improved on freeway with autopilot. My wH average seem to have dipped a bit.

• Love
Reactions: PaulJohn
Took a few screen shots of 48.1. Noticed the border to alert you if you haven’t put hands on wheels for a period of time is now white instead of blue and not as noticeable.

Also noticed NOA tells you to move to right if it detects a vehicle behind you instead or staying in left lane. Very nice improvement!

Attachments

• 44D24DB2-3558-4F34-BC79-8FA88345F727.jpeg
    44D24DB2-3558-4F34-BC79-8FA88345F727.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 04217A3B-92ED-42F0-93E6-134BC1F2E5A6.jpeg
    04217A3B-92ED-42F0-93E6-134BC1F2E5A6.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 200
I got 48 the first day it rolled out. It improved autopilot and NoA from my experience. The hold steering wheel reminder has a new holding wheel graphic, and I may be crazy, but it seems like the efficiency has improved on freeway with autopilot. My wH average seem to have dipped a bit.
Ah yes the nag graphic did change. ItsI now the message with an icon with hands on the steering wheel.

okay release notes are the same... couple things I've noticed (not sure when the started)
1) surrounding cars aren't bouncing around in the instrument cluster as widely as they used to although this has been getting better over time so it may not be specifically this release

@verygreen and maybe @jimmy_d: As I understand, the bouncing is coming from the circumstance that cars don't get handed over from cam to cam. At least if I watch the "what AP 2 can see" videos, the objects (cars, trucks, etc) getting new ID's if they wander from one cam to another. That results in two cars/trucks/whatever in the overlapping sections.

If the bouncing is less or gone in this version, could that be a sign that cars are tracked over all cameras now?

if(!laneToLeft){
if(carBehindYou){
NoA.MoveRight();​
}​
}

if(!laneToLeft){
if(car.BehindYou && car.Speed > you.Speed && car.MightFlashHeadlightAtYou){
NoA.MoveRight();
}}

There, you left out the important parts :)
Neither one of you remembered to check for left or right-hand drive first! :)

if(!laneToLeft){
NoA.MoveRight();
}}

There, you left out the important parts :)

Your second condition there will only ever briefly be hit. If the car is behind you, there’s a limited amount of time for which it can go faster than you.

That aside, from what I’ve seen(and I’ve tested this one a lot), it doesn’t seem to depend on a car being behind you. If you’re in the far left lane and there’s no cars going slower than your set speed in the right lane in front of you(or directly to the side, obvs), it suggests moving over to the right lane.

Which, honestly, is probably how it should be. If you don’t need to be in the far left lane, you should get out of it.

Your second condition there will only ever briefly be hit. If the car is behind you, there’s a limited amount of time for which it can go faster than you.

That aside, from what I’ve seen(and I’ve tested this one a lot), it doesn’t seem to depend on a car being behind you. If you’re in the far left lane and there’s no cars going slower than your set speed in the right lane in front of you(or directly to the side, obvs), it suggests moving over to the right lane.

Which, honestly, is probably how it should be. If you don’t need to be in the far left lane, you should get out of it.

see, it quickly gets complicated, even for us forum coders. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: 1375mlm and iboy
You need to wrap the whole thing in a try catch
try
{
if(forwardCar == 'Audi' || forwardCare == 'BMW')
Throw exception();
if(!laneToLeft){
NoA.MoveRight();
}}
}catch (exception ex)
{
this.EmergencyBrake();
}

I hope we don't have a JVM inside. Although that could explain why things are not as fast as we'd like it to be

• Love
Reactions: Richt and P100D_Me