Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The automatic wipers seems to work much better in this release. At least on my 20 mins drive through moderate rain it was just right. Unlike this morning before I installed this update (was on 2018.46.2) where I had to manually press for an extra swipe every now and then.

Everyone is letting us know about the farts and video games, the important parts of this update, and you put in some actual driving related changes? Sheesh...

Anyone else with Spotify access on this update noticed that Telsa have again managed to mess this up? (Mine updated to 2018.48.12.1 d6999f5)
They broke it a few months ago, then it got fixed, now it is playing up again for me.
This time at least I can log in, but it does not stay on the last song you were listening to, instead it just starts on some random artist not even in my history of listening to. Then I've noticed that shuffle becomes activated all on its own.

USB songs are for some reason now listed in some random order when viewing an album (used to be ok for me), all my mp3's are correctly tagged.

Everyone is letting us know about the farts and video games, the important parts of this update, and you put in some actual driving related changes? Sheesh...
Imagine Tesla actually focussed on getting things working correctly (stable) or implementing some media functions that a $20K Korean car has before wasting time on fart noises and more video games, the engineers shouldn't have this much idle time on their hands when there is more important things to fix. Maybe they've forgotten some of us paid 7 series BMW money for these cars and should not have to be beta testers for their infotainment programming team.

Imagine Tesla actually focussed on getting things working correctly (stable) or implementing some media functions that a $20K Korean car has before wasting time on fart noises and more video games, the engineers shouldn't have this much idle time on their hands when there is more important things to fix. Maybe they've forgotten some of us paid 7 series BMW money for these cars and should not have to be beta testers for their infotainment programming team.
If you’re really treating this more as a car than a technology item that evolves every 2 weeks, you purchased the wrong vehicle...

Has anyone had an issue with automatic doors since this update? Since I did this update my walk away door lock doesn’t work when the door is open (is nothing happens, door just stays open and morning locks) and I’ve lost the ability to adjust the autodoor option based on key fob (my wife didn’t like this feature so it was off for her, and on for me. Now it only saves the last one). These changes combined with the current lack of new Tesla app update on iPhones and this thus far has been a step backwards for me.

Does the USB controller support work on MCU1?
No, they did not include kernel support for it, no idea why. Probably could still be force-added by compiling a module yourself.

Code:
# zgrep -i joystic /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_INPUT_JOYSTICK is not set

It doesn't appear so. Neither does Pole Position.
Pole position works perfectly in my light testing. Oh, you mean it does not work on your car? Well, that's a totally artificial limitation by Tesla.

If you’re really treating this more as a car than a technology item that evolves every 2 weeks, you purchased the wrong vehicle...
Really! because they are 'cutting edge' we should accept nothing to ever work correctly all at the same time as part of the Tesla EV experience? I'd like to hear the sales staff explain that view to potential customers.

Just had a laugh-til-you-cry drive around the neighborhood with the family looking at Christmas lights and cracking ass.

Whiners gonna whine - ZOMG TESLA CAN MAKE FARTS BUT NOT A COMPETENT MEDIA PLAYER FOR MY 32 PETABYTE LOSSLESS FLAC LIBRARY THAT I PAINSTAKINGLY ENCODED BIT BY BIT FROM CUSTOM RECORDINGS WHILST TRAVELING THE WORLD YOU SEE I'M AN AUDIOPHILE AND BY THE WAY EVEN THE FARTS WEREN'T MASTERED PROPERLY I HEARD ARTIFACTS.

Even if I never use that "feature" again, it was worth it. Priceless memory for me and my kids.

You people are very forgiving customers :), you understand my point surely?
I understand it firsthand. I’ve bought music from iTunes, stuck it on a USB and have this issue. I believe even music I bought from the Windows Store is affected. I’m sure compressing it will help (or solve it) but I haven’t gotten around to it and probably won’t for a long time.

Reactions: JohnnyG
Sure, understand that you seem to think that because they include some fun features that many of us find fun and whimsical that this directly is detracting from fixing certain items that you wish they would fix.

But I think you are misunderstanding. There are other threads to complain about tech issues, and it would be nice if they fixed em, but it is also great that they add fun to this car. My family loved the romance mode... car got all cozy really fast!! And love that crackle...

And you are driving one of the coolest cars around, updating technology, new surprises...and yeah, some bugs. Best purchase I ever made. I can love parts of the car and the tech, including the updates, while also wishing they would fix some bugs.

You people are very forgiving customers :), you understand my point surely?

Sure, understand that you seem to think that because they include some fun features that many of us find fun and whimsical that this directly is detracting from fixing certain items that you wish they would fix.
Yes I thought the fire place was pretty neat, the games are fun for a few minutes too but when there is outstanding issues many customers are hoping will get fixed with each update (even told by the SC they will be) and you see things like this being added instead it doesn't make sense to me, in fact it annoys me because those games and fart noises don't just create themselves.
Sure I have no idea how many software engineers work on the MCU, maybe they have a dedicated easter egg team, maybe the NAV people got bored. I try not to get mad with the car but it doesn't help my attitude when the MCU only lasted a day after the update and then self reset when I tried to drive off today.....stability, functionality then easter eggs needs to be posted on the office wall at Tesla MCU HQ.

I’ve come across another strange thing with this software. My sound was sounding off, so went to check and see if Dolby was set to on. I did not have the Dolby switch, I had immersive settings? Looked for the Dolby switch could not find it. Later in the evening went tweak my sounds settings again, right where immersive was the Dolby switch has returned and it was off.