Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 48.12.1 and noticed the autopilot braking has improved dramatically. The lane changing on splitting seems improved as well, along with the loss of the tendency to try to dart into side streets in urban areas. It's still nervous Nellie on urban roads at times, but the other improvements seem quite substantial and are pleasing. One thing I don't like though is how it now drops to TACC at whatever your current speed is if you override the steering wheel instead of maintaining your previously set speed. Bleh. Another new thing is the message "auto lane change unavailable".

Reactions: boonedocks
Which AP version are you on @conman? The only thing I have noticed on my AP1 is a different nag graphic and once it was quite reluctant to engage AP. Once AP was engaged I noticed very little difference on highways, but I typically turn it off when in traffic as it has never worked to my liking. :) Maybe I will give it a shot this weekend when I am in the Vancouver BC area to see if it has improved since last time I tried it in stop and go gridlock.

I'm on 48.12.1 and noticed the autopilot braking has improved dramatically. The lane changing on splitting seems improved as well, along with the loss of the tendency to try to dart into side streets in urban areas. It's still nervous Nellie on urban roads at times, but the other improvements seem quite substantial and are pleasing. One thing I don't like though is how it now drops to TACC at whatever your current speed is if you override the steering wheel instead of maintaining your previously set speed. Bleh. Another new thing is the message "auto lane change unavailable".

just pull back the autopilot stalk and hold it for about 1 sec and the cruise goes back to the speed limit plus your offset.

Updated both X and S to 48.12.1 two days ago.

All is fine except the S door handles. Only the front passenger door responds when the car is unlocked but handles are retracted. Normally if the car is unlocked, you just tap on any door handle and they all pop out. That stopped in this build. Except for the front passenger door... Anyone else see the door handles of their S acting up in this build?

So is there no individual control for this in the app? Is it just that the seat heaters turn on automatically when you turn on the climate control in the app?

Can you not see this? when climate is on you can adjust individual seat heater settings; at least I can.

IMG_0026.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0026.PNG
    IMG_0026.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: Ken7
Which AP version are you on @conman? The only thing I have noticed on my AP1 is a different nag graphic and once it was quite reluctant to engage AP. Once AP was engaged I noticed very little difference on highways, but I typically turn it off when in traffic as it has never worked to my liking. :) Maybe I will give it a shot this weekend when I am in the Vancouver BC area to see if it has improved since last time I tried it in stop and go gridlock.
I'm on AP2. I very much doubt you'll see any significant (or maybe even any at all) changes to AP behaviour on AP1 any more...