Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You cannot as you must have climate on to heat seats. You can set the temp to current temp so that it doesn’t waste much energy through fans though.
Technically, you can use the app to turn the heated seats on or off without turning on the climate but you have to be sitting in the car. It's odd how climate is required if you are not in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG and croman
Technically, you can use the app to turn the heated seats on or off without turning on the climate but you have to be sitting in the car. It's odd how climate is required if you are not in the car.
This is like the media access which activates when you are in the car. So the question is, does it work if your phone is not a connected key for the 3. Does this work through BT for the S and X? Maybe BT for the 3 if not a key?

This is like the media access which activates when you are in the car. So the question is, does it work if your phone is not a connected key for the 3. Does this work through BT for the S and X? Maybe BT for the 3 if not a key?
I haven't tried that but have been wanting BT access like that for years. That way anyone could control things without needing to log into your Tesla account.

BTW, I did notice this morning that I can now control media remotely as well! You no longer need to be in the car. Too bad you can't request specific songs. That could be fun. Lol

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I haven't tried that but have been wanting BT access like that for years. That way anyone could control things without needing to log into your Tesla account.

BTW, I did notice this morning that I can now control media remotely as well! You no longer need to be in the car. Too bad you can't request specific songs. That could be fun. Lol
Which car is this? Don’t see it on my X which is awake but locked. Perhaps has to be unlocked?

In the past someone had to be in the car for someone else to see media access.

Which car is this? Don’t see it on my X which is awake but locked. Perhaps has to be unlocked?

In the past someone had to be in the car for someone else to see media access.
This morning, Scott was driving his S and I was at home and the Media option for his car was enabled on my device. It's the first time I've seen it. It might not be intentional.

You cannot as you must have climate on to heat seats. You can set the temp to current temp so that it doesn’t waste much energy through fans though.

You can turn the climate on, then enter the cold weather menu to turn seats & steering wheel on. Then re-enter the climate and turn off the heat/ac , and just leave the seats on. This used to work as recently as my last update (42?). It has been warm here since I got 48, so I hope that still works.

This is one of my pet peeves with V9. It seems like w/the older software, I could turn on the heated steering wheel and rear seats w/o turning on the main climate control. But with V9, it won't show you the cold weather controls w/the climate off. So I end up having to go into the climate menu twice to do the dance described above. Sometimes I really miss dedicated physical buttons.

You can turn the climate on, then enter the cold weather menu to turn seats & steering wheel on. Then re-enter the climate and turn off the heat/ac , and just leave the seats on. This used to work as recently as my last update (42?). It has been warm here since I got 48, so I hope that still works.

This is one of my pet peeves with V9. It seems like w/the older software, I could turn on the heated steering wheel and rear seats w/o turning on the main climate control. But with V9, it won't show you the cold weather controls w/the climate off. So I end up having to go into the climate menu twice to do the dance described above. Sometimes I really miss dedicated physical buttons.

You have me confused. We were discussing the newest feature added on 48.12.1 where you can turn on heat seaters remotely though app— not in vehicle. I’m not seeing any cold weather menu in my app on the iPhone.

This morning, Scott was driving his S and I was at home and the Media option for his car was enabled on my device. It's the first time I've seen it. It might not be intentional.
Oh sure, I see it all the time when a car is active and in use. I thought you meant when the car wasn’t in use. See it every time GF is using our 3, media section is hot on my app.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Oh sure, I see it all the time when a car is active and in use. I thought you meant when the car wasn’t in use. See it every time GF is using our 3, media section is hot on my app.
Before this morning, I only saw the Media option if I was in the car so I thought it might've been related to the 3.8.0 update. If it's been around longer than that, then I wonder why I didn't see it before! My eyesight is getting worse...:cool:

Before this morning, I only saw the Media option if I was in the car so I thought it might've been related to the 3.8.0 update. If it's been around longer than that, then I wonder why I didn't see it before! My eyesight is getting worse...:cool:
Huh... yeah, I’m sure I saw it ever since the media option was a thing, so, since v9 I believe. It appears as soon as the car is activated by by the driver.

I just got 2018.49.12 (primarily it's the update for Navigate on Autopilot for Canada). I've also noticed that the Summon screen has a toggle for the garage door. Has this been around before because I've never noticed it?

I still joke that my Tesla is my $100k garage door opener for our detached garage.

Although I’ve since upgraded it to use HomeKit garage openers but they’re obnoxious because they beep loudly when closing. So, if I’m trying to not bother the neighbors, I’ll still use the Tesla to close the garage.

• Funny
Reactions: TrevTremaine

Not as fun as a remote emissions testing option.