Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have also been getting the following:

View attachment 375486
View attachment 375488

Yellow bars - MFU warranty replacement, it's a physical screen fault.
Noise rendering - I've seen that too. I find that shrinking the map area sometimes gets rid of the artifacts. Only seen it once, it was on a different part of the screen, but have not seen for some time - I occasionally check for it.

I earlier stated that I was having spotify issues on 2018.50.6, after a reboot its been stable for a week or so.

Yellow bars - MFU warranty replacement, it's a physical screen fault.
Noise rendering - I've seen that too. I find that shrinking the map area sometimes gets rid of the artifacts. Only seen it once, it was on a different part of the screen, but have not seen for some time - I occasionally check for it.

I earlier stated that I was having spotify issues on 2018.50.6, after a reboot its been stable for a week or so.
I do have the yellow bars but currently tesla are not fixing that as apparently a new screen is coming out soon. The odd thing with that photo is the percent on one screen is not the same as the other.

I do have the yellow bars but currently tesla are not fixing that as apparently a new screen is coming out soon. The odd thing with that photo is the percent on one screen is not the same as the other.
They changed mine in december. SeC told me it was one of the last until new revision comes out probably in summer 19...

I never had the graphics glitches, neither in 48.12.1 nor with 50.6. but I already had to reset mcu 2 times because no more blinking sound and no nav directions but radio still worked.

Reactions: Asterix187
Web Browser works every time now since I got 50.7. Woohoo!

Also the "waiting for system to boot up" issue on startup seems much quicker now. Still get it every few starts, but doesn't last as long so not as embarrassing.

Haven't braved trying the Atari games yet - hate having the system lock up every time I try a game while waiting to pick up my kid.

^ seems unecessarily negative.

This is not a case of over-ambitious claims for functionality for which Tesla are justifiably pilloried.
Tesla have a problem with the supply of the screens for sure.
Equally given the cost and importance of resolving the issue no doubt they are working to get a thoroughly tested long term solution in place.

At the end of the day, the screen is still functional albeit with the borders discolored, and Telsa have stated they will be replaced under warranty.

As soon as they have a suitably qualified screen to make the replacement, I have no doubt they will swap out the bad ones.
Upcoming issue more likely will be SC capacity, but we are told they are working on that.

^ seems unecessarily negative.

This is not a case of over-ambitious claims for functionality for which Tesla are justifiably pilloried.
Tesla have a problem with the supply of the screens for sure.
Equally given the cost and importance of resolving the issue no doubt they are working to get a thoroughly tested long term solution in place.

At the end of the day, the screen is still functional albeit with the borders discolored, and Telsa have stated they will be replaced under warranty.

As soon as they have a suitably qualified screen to make the replacement, I have no doubt they will swap out the bad ones.
Upcoming issue more likely will be SC capacity, but we are told they are working on that.
If your statement "seems unecessarily negative" refers to my post, I'll have to disagree. First let me say I do agree Tesla will replace any MFU with this problem and in the near future. It was intended to be funny BUT there are many many post on TMC about many, many different promises of soon that have yet to be delivered or even no longer on the radar.

Reactions: woes and OPRCE
many different promises of soon that have yet to be delivered or even no longer on the radar.
The people that run Tesla are too haphazard though and in some sense lack discipline. The recent announcement that they are going to add new features such as 'dog mode' and 'sentry mode' just shows they seem to not care about fixing the myriad of problems owners are already dealing with.
I bet if there was a poll put up to choose in order of priority between these points where would 'dog mode' rate? None of these are mission critical functions, but it just shows that 'dog mode' being given more than a random thought is crazy when there is other things more important to get right.
  • MCU not freezing and requiring a reboot daily or if you are lucky, weekly.
  • Spotify or Slacker working more than 50% of the time.
  • USB music media handling improvements.
  • Display or read out SMS messages (even just a notification icon for goodness sake).
  • Rain sensing wipers working better than 50% of the time.
  • Visual display of parking bay lines.
  • Dog mode

The people that run Tesla are too haphazard though and in some sense lack discipline. The recent announcement that they are going to add new features such as 'dog mode' and 'sentry mode' just shows they seem to not care about fixing the myriad of problems owners are already dealing with.
I bet if there was a poll put up to choose in order of priority between these points where would 'dog mode' rate? None of these are mission critical functions, but it just shows that 'dog mode' being given more than a random thought is crazy when there is other things more important to get right.
  • Display or read out SMS messages (even just a notification icon for goodness sake).
  • Dog mode
Being a dog owner I'd like to see that feature deployed but I also agree with it's position on your list. Elon said next week. Wondering when next week will get here. If the first update of 2019 arrives with dog mode and without significant fixes to issues with V9 Tesla and Elon are going to get a lot of push back from owners. Just my opinion and worth about what you paid for it.

Added to another thread but looks like 2019.4 f71fa43 landed on a model 3 which has blind spot warning chime and auto folding mirrors based on location. Saw it over on FB group with images so something must be coming soon

Attachments

• CDC4BDBB-933C-4B80-AB4D-828F13001735.png
    CDC4BDBB-933C-4B80-AB4D-828F13001735.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 680
  • 0F1B4BEE-C47D-41FC-A2A0-FB316D3C66AD.png
    0F1B4BEE-C47D-41FC-A2A0-FB316D3C66AD.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • 29F61390-4CBD-414C-93C4-16C7F39B1E63.png
    29F61390-4CBD-414C-93C4-16C7F39B1E63.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • Dog mode

My MCU has never Frozen... so how luck am I ???
My Slacker works fine 99.9% of the time...
Would like the SMS messages as well.
Rain Sensor is a tough one because road splash is usually not as intense where the Camera that senses it is located...
I'd like to add 360 Camera display in Reverse.
Sentry mode sounds great, especially if it'll record to try to catch the thieves.

Has anyone else had "charging complete" notifications stop appearing? I've been unable to get them since pretty much V9. I've tried disabling and re-enabling them and they still never show up.
Same here since v9.
I worked through a lot of 'fixes' with Tesla on the phone and at the SvC but no change.
Svc says that the mothership is aware and are working on the fix.

• Informative
Reactions: conman
Disable mobile access in your car, delete the app from your phone. Relabel mobile access on the car, reinstall the app on your phone should fix it.
Thanks, tried that unsuccessfully I'm afraid.

Same here since v9.
I worked through a lot of 'fixes' with Tesla on the phone and at the SvC but no change.
Svc says that the mothership is aware and are working on the fix.
"Good" to know o_O

Reactions: Siggy101