TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Update 2018.50.x

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Videofrank, Jan 22, 2019.

1. brendon1970

brendon1970 Member

Yellow bars - MFU warranty replacement, it's a physical screen fault.
    Noise rendering - I've seen that too. I find that shrinking the map area sometimes gets rid of the artifacts. Only seen it once, it was on a different part of the screen, but have not seen for some time - I occasionally check for it.

I earlier stated that I was having spotify issues on 2018.50.6, after a reboot its been stable for a week or so.

2. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

I do have the yellow bars but currently tesla are not fixing that as apparently a new screen is coming out soon. The odd thing with that photo is the percent on one screen is not the same as the other.

3. bebbiXpress

bebbiXpress Member

They changed mine in december. SeC told me it was one of the last until new revision comes out probably in summer 19...

I never had the graphics glitches, neither in 48.12.1 nor with 50.6. but I already had to reset mcu 2 times because no more blinking sound and no nav directions but radio still worked.

• Like x 1
  4. Magellan55

Magellan55 Member

Web Browser works every time now since I got 50.7. Woohoo!

Also the "waiting for system to boot up" issue on startup seems much quicker now. Still get it every few starts, but doesn't last as long so not as embarrassing.

Haven't braved trying the Atari games yet - hate having the system lock up every time I try a game while waiting to pick up my kid.

5. Alset4S

Alset4S Member

Translation of soon from Tesla to English.
    Someday
    One day
    Or
    Never

• Funny x 1
  6. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

^ seems unecessarily negative.

This is not a case of over-ambitious claims for functionality for which Tesla are justifiably pilloried.
    Tesla have a problem with the supply of the screens for sure.
    Equally given the cost and importance of resolving the issue no doubt they are working to get a thoroughly tested long term solution in place.

At the end of the day, the screen is still functional albeit with the borders discolored, and Telsa have stated they will be replaced under warranty.

As soon as they have a suitably qualified screen to make the replacement, I have no doubt they will swap out the bad ones.
    Upcoming issue more likely will be SC capacity, but we are told they are working on that.

• Like x 2
  7. Alset4S

Alset4S Member

If your statement "seems unecessarily negative" refers to my post, I'll have to disagree. First let me say I do agree Tesla will replace any MFU with this problem and in the near future. It was intended to be funny BUT there are many many post on TMC about many, many different promises of soon that have yet to be delivered or even no longer on the radar.

• Like x 2
  8. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

The people that run Tesla are too haphazard though and in some sense lack discipline. The recent announcement that they are going to add new features such as 'dog mode' and 'sentry mode' just shows they seem to not care about fixing the myriad of problems owners are already dealing with.
    I bet if there was a poll put up to choose in order of priority between these points where would 'dog mode' rate? None of these are mission critical functions, but it just shows that 'dog mode' being given more than a random thought is crazy when there is other things more important to get right.
    • MCU not freezing and requiring a reboot daily or if you are lucky, weekly.
    • Spotify or Slacker working more than 50% of the time.
    • USB music media handling improvements.
    • Display or read out SMS messages (even just a notification icon for goodness sake).
    • Rain sensing wipers working better than 50% of the time.
    • Visual display of parking bay lines.
    • Dog mode

• Like x 3
  9. Alset4S

Alset4S Member

Being a dog owner I'd like to see that feature deployed but I also agree with it's position on your list. Elon said next week. Wondering when next week will get here. If the first update of 2019 arrives with dog mode and without significant fixes to issues with V9 Tesla and Elon are going to get a lot of push back from owners. Just my opinion and worth about what you paid for it.

10. jvl007

jvl007 Member

Still in 48.12 here. Does the update come randomly? Haven't received any alerts or notification of any new updates. Will the app notify you or do you have to be in your car?

11. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

You must be new here.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

I think the difference with dog mode is that a message is also displayed on the screen telling the outsider the temp in the car and that it’s in dog mode etc. Therefore you shouldn’t get a smashed window.

13. Siggy101

Siggy101 Member

Did you see my Instagram post? Both photos?

14. Penfold

Penfold Member

Added to another thread but looks like 2019.4 f71fa43 landed on a model 3 which has blind spot warning chime and auto folding mirrors based on location. Saw it over on FB group with images so something must be coming soon

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
  15. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Member

My MCU has never Frozen... so how luck am I ???
    My Slacker works fine 99.9% of the time...
    Would like the SMS messages as well.
    Rain Sensor is a tough one because road splash is usually not as intense where the Camera that senses it is located...
    I'd like to add 360 Camera display in Reverse.
    Sentry mode sounds great, especially if it'll record to try to catch the thieves.

16. conman

conman Member

Has anyone else had "charging complete" notifications stop appearing? I've been unable to get them since pretty much V9. I've tried disabling and re-enabling them and they still never show up.

17. BigD0g

BigD0g Active Member

Disable mobile access in your car, delete the app from your phone. Relabel mobile access on the car, reinstall the app on your phone should fix it.

18. Siggy101

Siggy101 Member

Same here since v9.
    I worked through a lot of 'fixes' with Tesla on the phone and at the SvC but no change.
    Svc says that the mothership is aware and are working on the fix.

• Informative x 1
  19. conman

conman Member

Thanks, tried that unsuccessfully I'm afraid.

"Good" to know o_O

• Like x 1