Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a new update two days ago, thought it was the exciting 2019.x that's been hyped and talked about. After update is done, I started to wonder why the release notes is no different from before only to realize the car just received 2018.50... What gives lol
The 2019s so far still are not the "current stable release" for model S and X it appears.

What’s up with humans and wanting to paint the “good old days” narrative?
Yes, slightly off topic and speaking as someone who still occasionally attends 50's - 70's car shows I do get a laugh with throw away lines like "they don't build them like they used to", "all new cars look the same" , "at least I could work on this car". I've given up trying to get people up to speed on the modern world.

I never knew what version 8 was like to compare to (haven't owned the car long enough).

Reactions: gavine
2018.50.6 or 2018.50.7 are bug fix releases that were written to resolve issues where the dashcam was crashing (as well as a few tweaks on Spotify stability). I confirm that .7 has completely resolved my crashing dashcam that I had on 2018.48.12.2.
I know this to be true because I was doing the testing with Tesla and they released 2018.50.7 to just my car (and one or 2 other test cars the day after).
Most S and X are getting .6 now.
The 2019.x version with dog and sentry modes is being released to Model 3s in the US imminently. Tesla have made it known that the S and X will not get this release immediately nor will other countries.