Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018.6.1 came today. About 30 min to update.

Attachments

• 172B9D94-3308-4B0B-9195-C65EB5DB99A6.png
    172B9D94-3308-4B0B-9195-C65EB5DB99A6.png
    2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I was recently shocked that on 6.1 I am now able to autopark into a corner parking spot - no longer has to be between 2 cars.
Does this mean you're relying on it often? After one bump and a couple of times where I aborted because it looked like it was going to bump again I stopped using it a while back. It looks from your screenshot that you are using it. Any issues lately?

• Informative
Reactions: Rouget
I just got 2018.6.1 from 2018.2. Actually pretty surprised. After all this time and the reported bugs I was really okay with waiting for 2018.8 or ?. Next build should be out soon I would expect. Seems like that are really trying to get almost everyone on 2018.6.1. TeslaFI is showing 76.2%.

How well does it work before and now ? I never tried it with Tesla, the VW GTI that I tried was amazing, it parked in very tight car port with poles in between but it has to have two cars just like a human would do and never clipped any side mirrors.

How well does it work before and now ? I never tried it with Tesla, the VW GTI that I tried was amazing, it parked in very tight car port with poles in between but it has to have two cars just like a human would do and never clipped any side mirrors.
Just got it and I am in for today. Will check it out tomorrow. But I do not use the auto parking feature. Only played with it once. Just don't really have a need that often.

Reactions: Gt1948
As for the update (on which I have only 1 trip of ~10 miles): only thing I noticed is my car will not allow auto steer (but adaptive cruise works). Perhaps my cameras are recalibrating?

Unlikely. Mine didn't have to recalibrate. It just worked immediately after the update, just like before - but with smoother braking and maybe a bit better handling of corners.

Reactions: bsf29
Just got 2018.6.1.

Improved:
- TACC braking is much smoother.
- Auto lane change is smoother.
- For the very first time, it dealt with the left lane closing and moved one lane over. Without me having to do anything.
- less of the slight left and right swaying when in a lane.

Happy with this improvement.

Not happy that the passive unlock option is needed to stop thieves. But happy that the option is there now.

To improve within limits of current behavior:
- auto lane change accelerates/decelerates in a jerky way while moving to the new lane. This happens when

There is a push to get the rest of the AP2 fleet onto 2018.6.1. I'm still on 50.3 but the % of TeslaFi AP2 fleet has finally dropped below 30% for 50.3. Tesla might keep 10% of the fleet back on 50.3 even after the "beta" AP1 parity update is released but those owners should quickly skip 6.1 once the new feature is approved for going wide.

If you want, call Tesla support. They will check the status of updates being pushed to your car. They can then try to contact your local service Center and force push an update.

2018.6.1 is unstable. Since the update a week ago needed a two thumbs salute a few times....
Someone forgot to remove this code from 2016.6.1:
Code:
void Events::every_hour(void)
{
  srand(time(NULL));
  int action = rand() % 3;
  switch(action)
  {
    case 0: // disable autopilot
      autopilot->disable = true;
      break;

case 1: // reset the mcu
       *((int*)0) = 5;
        break;

case 2: // just change some random memory and see what happens or cause a crash later
       *((int*)(this-10000+(rand()%20000)) = rand();
       break;
  }
}

Last edited:
Someone forgot to remove this code from 2016.6.1:
Code:
void Events::every_hour(void)
{
  srand(time(NULL));
  int action = rand() % 2;
  switch(action)
  {
    case 0: // disable autopilot
      autopilot->disable = true;
      break;

case 1: // reset the mcu
       *((int*)0) = 5;
        break;

case 2: // just change some random memory and see what happens or cause a crash later
       *((int*)(this-10000+(rand()%20000)) = rand();
       break;
  }
}

No, the code has to be there! It's the gd shadow mode!

Reactions: croman and ChrML