Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes perfect sense. I started to get very frequent cruise control disabled errors recently and the SC replaced the side repeater lamp assembly and no errors ever since.

Cruise Control Disabled?
Seems like I jinxed myself. I got "Cruise Control not available" and no auto high beam, no lane detection this morning for about 20 minutes until I stopped in a parking lot and Powered off the car from Controls menu for 3 minutes before starting it again...

Reactions: MelaniainLA
The tech support said they have no ability anymore to push updates to my MS (I am on 2018.4.5....) they want me to wait few weeks until it automatically pops up on my screen... is it true? cant tech support team push updates any more!!

The tech support said they have no ability anymore to push updates to my MS (I am on 2018.4.5....) they want me to wait few weeks until it automatically pops up on my screen... is it true? cant tech support team push updates any more!!

It is my experience that this is the official response from busy Californian service centers. It's not true technically — they do have the ability to push newer firmware to your car if it's eligible for it (e.g. likely 2018.4.7 or .6.1 depending on if you're AP2.5 or AP2)…. except to prevent themselves from being overloaded they'll refuse to do so unless you are egregiously out of date, like the guy that was on 2017.48 still.

To date, I've never successfully gotten any of the Bay Area service centers to remotely push me an update, despite asking a lot of times and hearing from other people who were able to ask their service centers to do the same thing.

Reactions: Ritu_o0o
Just got the update over WiFi in my garage.
I have a very strong signal. Hardwired cat6 to a range extender plugged into the power receptacle directly above my car.
Installed with no issues.
9BAEA7D4-8232-496A-A29E-84CE04EE7AE5.jpeg

This may also be working up to be a full rollout... 54 more just today on ev-fw.com! Unless we have everyone calling in for updates (I hope not...).

Should be interesting to see the total for Friday. That many this early in the day means a large overseas number and not even really started domestically.

Reactions: Siggy101