Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting note that I just had my MS P100D at th SvC to take care of a few things and they told me I was on the latest version (2017.50.3).

As they were trying to convince me it was the latest version, I just so happen to get the notification from the app that a new version is ready to be installed.

Didn’t install it there as I see the install time is a little longer than usual, so I suspect I will be on 2018.6.1 as of tonight.

Going wider still...
45CAE57E-AD1B-46A0-8D19-A80546F2C915.jpeg

Interesting note that I just had my MS P100D at th SvC to take care of a few things and they told me I was on the latest version (2017.50.3).

As they were trying to convince me it was the latest version, I just so happen to get the notification from the app that a new version is ready to be installed.

Didn’t install it there as I see the install time is a little longer than usual, so I suspect I will be on 2018.6.1 as of tonight.
Should have showed them ev-fw.com on your phone. :D

There have been several reports of spontaneous MCU reboots on 6.1while in motion... wonder if we will see a software release update (meaning a new release) in response to that. It does seem to still be rolling out. Not to me, though! :)

Yeah, I don’t see any evidence of this on ev-fw.com or TeslaFi.... or on TMC. :D

And I’m still doubting software combination at this time without physical evidence.

Or in the vernacular: pix or it didn’t happen.

There are multiple changes to M3, they finally added owner's Manual (18.4)

With this release, you can now use the touchscreen to access your Model 3 "Owner's Manual", manage your phone keys, and choose the tire pressure unit.
They also added key management

I just got 2018.6.1 this morning. I noticed one change on the autopilot section of the display. The speed limit sign used to say "Speed Limit", but now says "Max". Not sure if this means it's reading the text of nearby signs rather than pulling numbers from a database now?

View attachment 282406
Could be an AP1 thing if applicable or a Km euro thing.
I’m on AP2 USA 18.6.1.
Just took this photo. Still shows “Speed Limit “ vs “MAX”
F0C70E05-32EF-478A-A656-408A4BA9DEEB.jpeg

I just got 2018.6.1 this morning. I noticed one change on the autopilot section of the display. The speed limit sign used to say "Speed Limit", but now says "Max". Not sure if this means it's reading the text of nearby signs rather than pulling numbers from a database now?

View attachment 282406

What annoys me most about this change in the speed limit sign is that the "Max" isn't centered. It's ever so slightly off to the left....

• Funny
Reactions: rpm001 and Icer
That seems odd. I didn't think heating wires could be downloaded. :) Why would there be hardware for rear seat heaters but software left out to turn them on?

Hey other Bruce,

The answer is that the software isn't finished yet. There are a number of aspects of the Model 3 software that aren't done yet (WiFi outside of a service center, trip energy graph, etc.), and BTW I'm not sure why we're discussing them on a thread on the Model S forum. If the two cars shared a unified codebase, this might make sense, but I'm not convinced they do.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: Siggy101 and Icer
We have an update waiting. Wish I could remotely tell it to install. Will run the update when wife gets home later today.
Couldn't that be problematic? Assuming she is parked when you remotely start install, what if she then wants to drive but has to wait for the download to finish; or worse, she doesn't know the install is in progress and tries to drive it, thereby mucking up the install?

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA