Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Early signs of life... three on ev-fw already.... and none for the 3 that I see... new on TeslaFi are one in Texas and another in Switzerland. I think it will be a while before the S and X and the 3 forks are combined. The software is quite different. Yes, they could slap it together, but... eek.

upload_2018-2-16_8-57-58.png

Reactions: MelaniainLA
It's Software version 2018.6 7ffa6f7

Someone in the TFF-Forum.de (German/Swiss/Austria) said:

Seit eben drauf, nix neues in den Releasenotes. Mal sehen vielleicht ist das Frontsensorenproblem gefixt.
Nothing new in the release notes, hope the front sensor problem is fixed.

It's Software version 2018.6 7ffa6f7

Someone in the TFF-Forum.de (German/Swiss/Austria) said:

Seit eben drauf, nix neues in den Releasenotes. Mal sehen vielleicht ist das Frontsensorenproblem gefixt.
Nothing new in the release notes, hope the front sensor problem is fixed.
Thanks for the confirmation, TeslaFi has that also: 2018.6 7ffa6f7, with nothing new, that may mean it's the 'final' iteration of all the 2018.4 versions!

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Well, that (50.3) was the last 'you get 50.3 and you get 50.3 and you get 50.3...' release, and now we're back to the 'dribble it out until we get a release we want to send to everyone'. Ugh.....

ETA: And we are really due for another general rollout... it's been six weeks. I've never been six weeks without new software... four, once. (Yeah, I know, first world problems! :D )

Elon can't trot out the 'it's in the next release' line when no one gets it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, that (50.3) was the last 'you get 50.3 and you get 50.3 and you get 50.3...' release, and now we're back to the 'dribble it out until we get a release we want to send to everyone'. Ugh.....

ETA: And we are really due for another general rollout... it's been six weeks. I've never been six weeks without new software... four, once. (Yeah, I know, first world problems! :D )

Elon can't trot out the 'it's in the next release' line when no one gets it.:rolleyes:
Two of our three cars are still on 2017.50.3. The third got the 2018.4.7 update after a visit to the SC yesterday. The longest I've gone without an update was 60 days. The shortest was 4 days. I used to get them quite frequently in the beginning so my average since 12/2016 is still only 24 days.

Hopefully we'll be getting a 2018.6 or 2018.8 release...

FYI, two cars on TeslaFi have it, one in Finland (makes sense, they wake up earlier than we do :D ) and one in Minnesota (without AP!).

We can hope this is the 2018.4 complete version with maybe something else?

Ha, small world. I am that car from minnesota without AP. There was one addition to this release that as i looked it it wasnt something that i thought mattered. i will check the release notes when i get back to the car.

Reactions: boaterva