Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update to my prior post after some testing:

Just received 2019.12.1.1, up from 12.1 and 8.5 prior on an MCU1, AP2.5 Model S 75D.

Here are the differences and some notes:
  • NoAP (Beta) - Same as 8.5 - You can turn off Lane Change Confirmation
  • Software Updates -NEW - View details about your software version.
  • TeslAtari - NEW GAMES
    • Super Breakout
    • Millipede - GONE
    • all games still choppy and hard to play on MCU1
  • Sentry Mode - SAME
  • Dashcam - SAME
  • On-Route Battery Warmup (sic) - NEW
  • Additional Language Support - NEW?
  • Autosteer Stop Light Warning - SAME
Other things I noticed:
  • Display screen seems much more responsive to touch and motion
    • When using NoAP, some choppiness increases
  • Triple Tap on the T icon change
    • While parked: Now brings up Arcade Mode
    • While Driving: Sketch Pad
  • Skipping / Stuttering Audio, better but still present - sketch pad trick still available
  • NoAP: smoother, better braking and acceleration in stop n go traffic
  • Phantom Braking / Jitter Driving: Improvements but still exists.
  • New Sentry Mode Message: When returning to car "3 Sentry Mode Events Triggered" (or similar) in small dash display

Improvement in display screen responsiveness is likely due to browser switch to Chromium

I think I read somewhere 150kw for only 100s for now.
Yea, that is pretty much correct, assuming you can find a supercharger that can deliver it. A few do (more coming as you know), but most don't. And from what I understand at the factory, there are a small number of 100s that won't get the 150KW. No, don't ask why. It will probably start a whole other thread of nasty complaints :D

• Funny
Reactions: camthehombre
2017 100D MCU1 Got 150kw charging, sentry mode, etc..will update release notes shortly
Lucky you. Got the update to 12.1.1, coming from 12.1.
Only change: battery warmup when navigation to supercharger. No mention of 150kW.
That's for S100P, MCU1, AP2,0, Delivered 2017/06, European version (Type 2 connector). Looks like the 150kW feature is not available with the Type-2 power connector (yet?).

I charged my S100 this evening at the super charger and was supposed to be charged at the max rate of 150kw as per the release notes of 12.1.1. I got the update 2-3 days back. I did not see the charging rate go up to 150kw. The max it went to was 116kw which I have seen in the past in my car even few weeks back prior to 12.1.1. It is possible that our superchargers cannot go up to that. It took 30 min to charge from a battery level of 34% to 80%

City AP2.0 performance seems much improved for me. Recentering for widening lanes is much smoother. So is braking and accelerating. The car display is smoother, lane lines seem to update more continuously too. It nearly made it through a bunch of left turns I attempted.

Not sure if there was a new neural net since 2019.8.6 but I’m very impressed with this update so far.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Agreed on the city improvement especially in turns. Incredibly smooth compared to previous updates.

Unfortunately my freeway autopilot got butchered with this update. Erratic behavior, not following lane lines, emergency "take over immediately" notices 50% of the time I turn it on, and regular and unexpected slowing on the freeway. Works fine on city streets.

Was wondering if it was related to AP2 but I guess not if you aren't having issues =(

I charged my S100 this evening at the super charger and was supposed to be charged at the max rate of 150kw as per the release notes of 12.1.1. I got the update 2-3 days back. I did not see the charging rate go up to 150kw. The max it went to was 116kw which I have seen in the past in my car even few weeks back prior to 12.1.1. It is possible that our superchargers cannot go up to that. It took 30 min to charge from a battery level of 34% to 80%

Some have suggested the supercharger sites need to be updated as well to support this charge rate, though I’m not sure I believe that.

I doubt you’ll see 150kw at 35% SoC in either case though.

Agreed on the city improvement especially in turns. Incredibly smooth compared to previous updates.

Unfortunately my freeway autopilot got butchered with this update. Erratic behavior, not following lane lines, emergency "take over immediately" notices 50% of the time I turn it on, and regular and unexpected slowing on the freeway. Works fine on city streets.

Was wondering if it was related to AP2 but I guess not if you aren't having issues =(

I haven’t tried on the highway yet... :(

• Informative
Reactions: brettneu