Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been on a .12 variant for over 3 weeks and it does highways just fine for me. I did finally notice some microbraking after getting .12.1.1 when a stack of cars in my adjacent lane slowed. I also swore my car slowed when it saw a car signaling but hadn't encroached. It allowed a smooth merge for that car.

I haven’t played with this update too much, but I immediately noticed that two roads near me that had the incorrect speed limit (45 actual, 35 according to the car) are now reporting the correct speed limit! Barring any horrific bugs, that alone is worth the update for me.

Can anyone confirm whether launch mode and "insane/ludicrious +" are working again on the performance cars? I have an AP1 P90D but will hold off unless the bug has been corrected.
Tried the launch mode today and it does not work. No light speed graphics when holding down Ludicrous+. It does not engage launch and feels like the max battery isn’t selected where the dash has the both pedals depressed warning.

I did the update for the supercharger prep so if you like to launch often then wait it out.

Tried the launch mode today and it does not work. No light speed graphics when holding down Ludicrous+. It does not engage launch and feels like the max battery isn’t selected where the dash has the both pedals depressed warning.

I did the update for the supercharger prep so if you like to launch often then wait it out.

Same here. max battery power is just missing, will not heat the battery. No launch mode.

WTF.

No max battery or launch mode for me either. 2016 P90DL AP1. Does anyone know someone who can light a fire under Tesla and get this issue fixed? It’s ridiculous that people paid so much extra for features that aren’t working as they were advertised.

Isn't there quite a few owners that have the privilege of getting these releases early so that they can test and report back any issues so that these obvious issues get fixed? Are they not reporting issues or is the process broken?
Maybe it's time to purge

I don't get what's going on with my car.

I was on 2019.8.4 (extremely rare firmware with only 3.2% of teslafi cars having it) for a long time. I requested an appointment to update my firmware and yesterday, I got a call from the service center saying that they would cancel the appointment and would push a new version.

I did indeed get a notification for new firmware and was sure to get 2019.12.1.1... I got 2019.8.6.2, an even rarer firmware ! (only 0.3% of the teslafi population)...

I used to get frequent updates and usually those that were widely distributed. There's nothing special about my car. MX100D MCU2, AP2.5 built in May last year.

Something I wanted to point out is also related to the map data.

I received a map update prior to the 2019.12.1.1 software update and noticed a big change in how it handles speed limit changes. Before it would slow down as soon as you reached the slower speed limit and not speed back up to the initial max speed set until you reached the sign exactly. Now it starts speeding up to the max speed at least 100 meters before the increased speed limit sign. This is a welcome change as people normally tailgate me until I get to the new speed limit so it speeds back up. Now it’s much more human like! Anyone else notice this?

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane
I don't get what's going on with my car.

I was on 2019.8.4 (extremely rare firmware with only 3.2% of teslafi cars having it) for a long time. I requested an appointment to update my firmware and yesterday, I got a call from the service center saying that they would cancel the appointment and would push a new version.

I did indeed get a notification for new firmware and was sure to get 2019.12.1.1... I got 2019.8.6.2, an even rarer firmware ! (only 0.3% of the teslafi population)...

I used to get frequent updates and usually those that were widely distributed. There's nothing special about my car. MX100D MCU2, AP2.5 built in May last year.

A lot of it is simply luck. It doesn’t look like they like 8.4 or 8.5 anymore but they also halted .12.1.1.

Sometimes you get a streak of luck and are amongst the first to get updates. But yeah other times you can be in the bottom few percent of an update rollout and it is agonizing to watch TeslaFi.

A lot of it is simply luck. It doesn’t look like they like 8.4 or 8.5 anymore but they also halted .12.1.1.

Sometimes you get a streak of luck and are amongst the first to get updates. But yeah other times you can be in the bottom few percent of an update rollout and it is agonizing to watch TeslaFi.
Halted? Just got 12.1.1 last night. Although the release notes are blank.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190502-093923_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190502-093923_Gallery.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Same here. max battery power is just missing, will not heat the battery. No launch mode.

WTF.

No max battery or launch mode for me either. 2016 P90DL AP1. Does anyone know someone who can light a fire under Tesla and get this issue fixed? It’s ridiculous that people paid so much extra for features that aren’t working as they were advertised.

Are you guys coming from 12.1 or something earlier? If you are coming from an earlier release, they removed the "Max Battery" button and tied it to the Ludicrous+ mode. Therefore when you switch to L+ it will popup showing "Max Battery" activated. To enable Launch mode you need to hold the L+ button. If you are saying that doesn't work, does the easter egg version work via the "T" logo?

Are you guys coming from 12.1 or something earlier? If you are coming from an earlier release, they removed the "Max Battery" button and tied it to the Ludicrous+ mode. Therefore when you switch to L+ it will popup showing "Max Battery" activated. To enable Launch mode you need to hold the L+ button. If you are saying that doesn't work, does the easter egg version work via the "T" logo?
Earlier. I tried this all of this, it did not work. There is no popup.

I do hope 2019.12.1.2 fixes some of the numerous bugs I currently have with 12.1.1, especially MCU locks, slowness, sounds like radio or via phone (including indicators and TACC enable/disable) not working and then catching up with themselves and having constant beeps for a couple of minutes

I got 12.1.1 lastnight and tried out sentry mode and.it.just.does.not.work. I’ve tried several serval things (even mimicked what people have shown on YouTube to activate sentry mode) and all I look like like is a dumb fool trying to trick his car lol. Anyone else able to get it to work on an S?

I got 12.1.1 lastnight and tried out sentry mode and.it.just.does.not.work. I’ve tried several serval things (even mimicked what people have shown on YouTube to activate sentry mode) and all I look like like is a dumb fool trying to trick his car lol. Anyone else able to get it to work on an S?
Works on my AP2 S. The car needs to be locked and I found it helpful to not have my key on me.

I enabled Sentry on our AP2 / MCU S on 12.1 and 12.1.1 and it works just like in the YouTube videos, albeit without recording.

My kids thought it was hilarious to make our car blink and turn on its HAL eyeball. Seeing how far/close they could get.

As the previous poster said, our fobs were far away and the car was locked.

It doesn't make sense.

Are you trying to say, that with this update you'll get ticketed twice? Once upon speeding in the city after coming in (car starts slowing down first AFTER passing the city speed limit) and second one when leaving the town (car starts picking up speed before reaching the new higher speed limit)? Not funny.

Something I wanted to point out is also related to the map data.

I received a map update prior to the 2019.12.1.1 software update and noticed a big change in how it handles speed limit changes. Before it would slow down as soon as you reached the slower speed limit and not speed back up to the initial max speed set until you reached the sign exactly. Now it starts speeding up to the max speed at least 100 meters before the increased speed limit sign. This is a welcome change as people normally tailgate me until I get to the new speed limit so it speeds back up. Now it’s much more human like! Anyone else notice this?