Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12.1, 12.1.1 and now 12.1.2 in 5 days.
I hope this helps my car stop acting like a 16 year old for the first time on a freeway or my 86 year old father-in-law, constantly micro-braking at the slightest hint of nothing.

cute. No, I think for those two problems to be solved, you will have to get version 2019.12.1.2.1.3.1.4.1.5.1.6.1.7.1 :rolleyes:
Seriously though, I am a bit baffled by the heavy roll out of 12.1.1 only to be followed a couple days later by equally fast rollout of 12.1.2 for the same cars.

Not sure if someone has reported this but I've been experiencing the screens just lagging and freezing up on me to the point where it'll turn off and reboot itself, as I'm driving. It won't reboot until after it's been frozen for a couple minutes . Car still drives but nothing is operable including turn signals.

I also usually know when the system will start to lag/freeze when the audio starts skipping and cutting out. After a little bit of audio cutting in and out system will start to freeze.

Come to think of it, started experiencing this after I got XM. Maybe just coincidence.

Anyone experience this?

2018 MS 100D Dec 18 Build
Typical TESLA non-testing. Yes audio is totally screwed up with skipping when streaming or USB. Jesus, do they test anything???

Received 12.1.2 and I noticed that the maps, when clicking on the charging icon, will also show public destination chargers. I don't recall ever seeing that unless I was mostly focused on superchargers instead.

Also USB, more specifically the premium sound system, could/should get some love. Always defaulting to the TuneIn screen when entering the car, lack of lossless file support (other than FLAC), support for multichannel FLAC files (totally doable, I can make any speaker play a fart sound independently), playlist support etc.

When will Tesla learn to do scheduled departure time for charging... I would appreciate such a feature much more than stupid unplayable atari games or farting...
Yup, I want that as well. There are some older threads discussing this and people offering manual methods or even saying it won't be accurate. I think otherwise. A couple of third party app developers are working on this and that might actually come before Tesla.

got the 2019.12.1.1 update a few days ago.

I notice now every time I change gears e.g. P->R, P->D, D->R etc (anything but into Park), the music player volume is decreased to around 2. Instead of fixing the many longstanding audio player bugs and deficiencies, they add this annoying new "feature"...

I notice now every time I change gears e.g. P->R, P->D, D->R etc (anything but into Park), the music player volume is decreased to around 2. Instead of fixing the many longstanding audio player bugs and deficiencies, they add this annoying new "feature"...
Well, to rain on my own parade, I will add one more bug to audio: on my USB stick when I try to pick a folder (I have all structured by \FLAC\<artist>\<album>) I can no longer quickly pick an artist since they are not sorted in any meaningful way anymore.

I've noticed the volume thingy as well.

2019.12.1.1 a few days ago as well in my '15 85D. Only issues I have encountered so far are:
1. Unreliable web browser (existed in the previous 2018.50.6 FW) and seems to have been there since the V9 rollout

2. A few times a day when I go to start the car, the instrument cluster reboots and I get a message to the effect of "Starting system components - press brake pedal when this message goes away". This one is new to me and is a little annoying especially when I am in a hurry trying to leave and I have to sit and wait for the car to boot up.

Reactions: davidc18
2019.12.1.1 a few days ago as well in my '15 85D. Only issues I have encountered so far are:
1. Unreliable web browser (existed in the previous 2018.50.6 FW) and seems to have been there since the V9 rollout

2. A few times a day when I go to start the car, the instrument cluster reboots and I get a message to the effect of "Starting system components - press brake pedal when this message goes away". This one is new to me and is a little annoying especially when I am in a hurry trying to leave and I have to sit and wait for the car to boot up.
If you're in a hurry, try using the app to wake the car before you get in.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert