Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 12.1.1 few days ago and today was the first time I tried AP since. All of the sudden the car started slowing down to less than 50 mph when TACC set to 65 mph. No cars in front of me and no curvature of the highway. I pressed the accelerator to increase the speed and all of the sudden I got then “red hands on steering wheel alarm and “cruise not available” message. After that neither TACC nor autosteer were available. Rebooted MCU and power cycled the car without benefit. When I hit some traffic later on, both TACC and autosteer were available again then then the same problem occurred later at higher speeds.

Anyone else experienced this with the new update? I have never had this issue with this car (Dec 2016, AP 2.0, MCU1). Thx.

When will Tesla learn to do scheduled departure time for charging... I would appreciate such a feature much more than stupid unplayable atari games or farting...
I saw the post that there are apps for that, but Tesla's own app should be able to do it. Especially since I have a Droid.

I'd really like programmable AC/Heat preconditioning & location based Sentry Mode - or just always on Sentry.

I saw the post that there are apps for that, but Tesla's own app should be able to do it. Especially since I have a Droid.

I'd really like programmable AC/Heat preconditioning & location based Sentry Mode - or just always on Sentry.
I agree. Just using the Android Tesla App IAM able to turn on and off at work or at home too. I looked at some of those Apps which are mostly for iOS and are based on "not there" statements. of tEven Someat home you can use with your wifi. But I want some routines built like my Hue lights or thermostats. So that, even when I am at home I may not want to turn on sentry until after 12am and turn off at 5:30am.

The car is locked for over an hour, I don’t have my key or phone on me or anywhere near the vehicle and I left one of the windows down just to try and touch a seat or make a loud noise... nothing
Edit: and yes sentry mode is turned on via the app or the MCU

Strange. Works for my HW 2.0 MCU 1 vehicle. Just no recording. Cameras don’t see me when it’s really dark unfortunately.

Anyone having an issue with not being able to put wipers into Service mode? I'm on 12.1.1.2 and went to change my wipers today on my 2018 MS 75D. Went to put the wipers into service mode, which normally moves them to mid wipe position but nothing happened.

Was able to change blades but as I'm lifting up the left blade to remove it, all of a sudden the wipers move to service position. Weird. I've definitely been able to do this in the past.

Anyone having an issue with not being able to put wipers into Service mode? I'm on 12.1.1.2 and went to change my wipers today on my 2018 MS 75D. Went to put the wipers into service mode, which normally moves them to mid wipe position but nothing happened.

Was able to change blades but as I'm lifting up the left blade to remove it, all of a sudden the wipers move to service position. Weird. I've definitely been able to do this in the past.
It will only go into service mode if you rotate the wiper control to off first. A quick shortcut to disabling service mode is to rotate it to on.

Well, to rain on my own parade, I will add one more bug to audio: on my USB stick when I try to pick a folder (I have all structured by \FLAC\<artist>\<album>) I can no longer quickly pick an artist since they are not sorted in any meaningful way anymore.

I've noticed the volume thingy as well.
I have the exact same issues too

Mine is AP2 MCU1

I installed 12.1.1 few days ago and today was the first time I tried AP since. All of the sudden the car started slowing down to less than 50 mph when TACC set to 65 mph. No cars in front of me and no curvature of the highway. I pressed the accelerator to increase the speed and all of the sudden I got then “red hands on steering wheel alarm and “cruise not available” message. After that neither TACC nor autosteer were available. Rebooted MCU and power cycled the car without benefit. When I hit some traffic later on, both TACC and autosteer were available again then then the same problem occurred later at higher speeds.

Anyone else experienced this with the new update? I have never had this issue with this car (Dec 2016, AP 2.0, MCU1). Thx.
I've had almost the identical experience if you check my previous post. Tesla clained it's an AP fluke failure that needs a service visit. Our cars are simmilar in 2016 AP 2.0 so I wonder if this is demonstrating a trend.

FA037DE1-3EB6-406B-BF6B-0CBA5B45CF8A.jpeg
Somehow autopilot works through Portillo’s drive through now and never has before. That was fun! Haha

I'm on 2019.12.1.2 now... Anybody with LR RWD 3 still not have range increase like me?
You do realize this is the model S forum, right?

For Model S owners out there, I just upgraded to 2019.12.1.1 (which some erroneously seem to be calling 2019.12.11). AP2/MCU1 model S. Now when I get in the car and start a drive, the existing audio source turns on when I turn off "pause" (either with the screen or steering wheel scroll wheel), but there is no sound coming out of the speakers. If I was set to a USB or streaming audio, the display shows the song playing (count up timer clicking off and moving along the slider bar) but no audio. Only way to start audio, regardless of what audio source the car was in when parked, is to shift audio sources. Then everything works normally. Submitted a bug report. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Model 3 with HW3 (delivered 4 days ago) just upgraded from 2019.7.105 to 2019.12.1.2

Now have all recently released features, including 150kw supercharging, on-route battery warming, Sentry mode, hold high speed for longer, EXCEPT Navigate on Autopilot without confirmation. Looks like they’re still validating HW3 with more miles before releasing NoA without confirmation.

• Informative
Reactions: croman

For Model S owners out there, I just upgraded to 2019.12.1.1 (which some erroneously seem to be calling 2019.12.11). AP2/MCU1 model S. Now when I get in the car and start a drive, the existing audio source turns on when I turn off "pause" (either with the screen or steering wheel scroll wheel), but there is no sound coming out of the speakers. If I was set to a USB or streaming audio, the display shows the song playing (count up timer clicking off and moving along the slider bar) but no audio. Only way to start audio, regardless of what audio source the car was in when parked, is to shift audio sources. Then everything works normally. Submitted a bug report. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I've seen this behavior before, it's either a regression or was never fixed. It always happens after a car restart.

No I did not realize that. Sorry.

Did you try hitting it with a sledge hammer? That should work :eek:
Alright so for you and anyone else who was wondering about my Sentry Mode/ camera/ Autopilot camera issue.. Mobile service came out yesterday and replaced the left side camera... Sentry mode IMMEDIATELY started working lol. I swear it's always something. ANYHOO- This morning I get ANOTHER knock on the door and its someone else from mobile here to replace my yellow tint border screen (I guess they started getting the new ones in from production).
Yes- I know this is a software thread, just updating an issue that was originally thought to be software. :)