Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the chance to supercharge several times since getting 2019.12.1.1, but have not seen the charge power peak more than normal (110-118kW). My release notes said I now have support for up to 150kW peak. The supercharger sites were listed as 150kW on the map. And my SoC and temps were pretty near the sweet spots. But didn't see any increase over previous peaks.

Has anyone with a S/X 100 pack seen anything near 150kW yet? Or have some idea of the conditions that support that peak rate?

I've had the chance to supercharge several times since getting 2019.12.1.1, but have not seen the charge power peak more than normal (110-118kW). My release notes said I now have support for up to 150kW peak. The supercharger sites were listed as 150kW on the map. And my SoC and temps were pretty near the sweet spots. But didn't see any increase over previous peaks.

Has anyone with a S/X 100 pack seen anything near 150kW yet? Or have some idea of the conditions that support that peak rate?
No I have not either. I also posted in this thread earlier that max was only 117kw and that too for a brief period of time. I had seen t114 kw even before this software update.
I am on 12.1.1 and have AP 2.5 and MCU2.

I have an X 100D and just got back from a trip where I used a supercharger that had been updated. I arrived with ~37% SOC so not ideal for a peak charge test but I got 140kw out of the gate and it remained above 100kw through 60%.

On the map in the car when you select a charger it will tell you the peak rate. Make sure you are using one that is capable of 150kw.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and conman
No I have not either. I also posted in this thread earlier that max was only 117kw and that too for a brief period of time. I had seen t114 kw even before this software update.
I am on 12.1.1 and have AP 2.5 and MCU2.

I am on 12.1.1 (AP2.5 MS100D) and saw 146kw while super charging last week. Think I started at 40% SoC (best guess) and it quickly ramped up to 146 when I started charging.

I used nav so it may have preheated as planned and I was 1 of 2 cars at a 20 station SC (Centralia wa).

Reactions: bhakan
Have some additional data points. When in park, if you change the audio source and get things working normally, shifting to drive (forward or reverse) causes audio to stop playing (regardless of source). Only way to get things working is a shift in audio source. Certainly appears to have something to do with the MCU's ability to process a shift. At first I thought it was just shifting to reverse (which brings up the rear camera view which might add to MCU load, but I have confirmed it happens regardless of if you put car in forward or reverse. Anyone else seeing this issue?

I have the same issue. Bluetooth connection stops working when I shift. I go back to streaming and back to phone.

For what it's worth, I've been on 12.1.1 for a while now and been in rain and the autowipers are the least worst I've experienced to date. It's not far off what I would want them to wipe. The only issue is sometimes it wipes once for no rain as well in the dark but I'm willing to put up with that for the actual rain management to be good.

For what it's worth, I've been on 12.1.1 for a while now and been in rain and the autowipers are the least worst I've experienced to date. It's not far off what I would want them to wipe. The only issue is sometimes it wipes once for no rain as well in the dark but I'm willing to put up with that for the actual rain management to be good.

AP2+ I assume? The complete opposite of what I've read elsewhere. I no longer believe positive reports. Just a bunch of confirmation bias from fanbois.

Anyone else having the wrong car orientation bug back in 2019.12.1? If going in reverse to park, when later coming back to the car, the car (red arrow) orientation on the map is the opposite way and therefore navigation points to the wrong direction. They fixed this a couple of years ago but it seems to be back.

I don't know when exactly this started happening but it's definitely a problem with 12.1.2. Most (but not all) of the time when backing into a parking space, the car's heading becomes reversed. It displays the reciprocal heading on the car's map and also on the remote app's location page. When you start driving (forward) it corrects and the map flips 180° within a 10th of a mile or so and then remains correct until the next time the whole thing is repeated.