Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No improvement to web browser I presume?

MCU1 / AP2 S and I got 2019.12 last night. Added NoA without confirmation, new TeslAtari games, and Sentry mode. No browser updates based on release notes. Sentry works (well, it wakes up when I peek in the windows, haven’t tried breaking anything to see if it fires up the stereo) but I don’t know how to get the video if I needed it since it’s not being written to a local USB stick.

I know NoA without confirmation has had varying degrees of success for some people but my limited testing of it today (~40 mins round trip on I-95) has been fantastic. Lane change aggressiveness set to Mild.

So happy to see Sentry mode and NoA w/o conf coming to AP2.

MCU1 probably can't support the update
This is really disappointing. I was looking forward to the browser update. That would have been the only good thing for people with older cars. I even hear that the change from "Max Battery" to "Insane/Ludi+" breaks things. I guess I'll ignore any update messages from now until I hear people talk about things being fixed for the older car crowd.

Are you sure that NoA is available for Model 3 in Germany and Norway. I am 99.9% sure it is not.
I believe a handful of test users had it in Europe but I'm almost certain that it's not available to the public. Can you quote your source?

I've personally sat in one car in Norway, delivered in Norway, experiencing NoA first hand. From a video I recorded:

upload_2019-4-7_15-42-59.png

Germany:

upload_2019-4-7_15-43-55.png

Reactions: bhakan and Siggy101
This is really disappointing. I was looking forward to the browser update. That would have been the only good thing for people with older cars. I even hear that the change from "Max Battery" to "Insane/Ludi+" breaks things. I guess I'll ignore any update messages from now until I hear people talk about things being fixed for the older car crowd.

Just guessing. Maybe v9 is too much for MCU1. Constantly rendering a map in the background

Reactions: georgewyull
So us S/X folks will get this in December or something. Cool. I guess. Tired of S being deprioritized on updates. And I don't even mean development or features. I just mean, tired of us being deprioritized on having the updates pushed at all.

So it's hard to get excited about 2019.12 when I really have no prospect of seeing it soon. Cool in general though.
Before 2012.8.5 came out a week ago, I was on on 2012.8.4 for my 2016 S and 2012.8.3 for my 2018 Model 3. As for being first on the block for updates, I never hope for that dubious honor as invariably there are several buggy limited releases in between solid wide releases. For example, the aforementioned 8.4 and 8.3 have quickly disappeared. Was I lucky to have them when michidragon didn’t?

Last edited:
Just guessing. Maybe v9 is too much for MCU1. Constantly rendering a map in the background

This is what I was saying a few weeks ago. There is no high performance Chromium port for armv7l. Intel and armv8 yes, but not the MCU1 architecture. Almost nobody these days is investing any effort into 32 bit ARM browsers.

MCU1 / AP2 S and I got 2019.12 last night. Added NoA without confirmation, new TeslAtari games, and Sentry mode. No browser updates based on release notes. Sentry works (well, it wakes up when I peek in the windows, haven’t tried breaking anything to see if it fires up the stereo) but I don’t know how to get the video if I needed it since it’s not being written to a local USB stick.

I know NoA without confirmation has had varying degrees of success for some people but my limited testing of it today (~40 mins round trip on I-95) has been fantastic. Lane change aggressiveness set to Mild.

Wow, sentry on AP2? Sweet!

Do you have a USB joystick to see if MCU1 supports that now?

I've personally sat in one car in Norway, delivered in Norway, experiencing NoA first hand. From a video I recorded:

View attachment 394601

Germany:

View attachment 394603

Thanks for the confirmation. I feel very encouraged to see some European countries are getting NoA. I'm grateful for you sharing your experience with it.

Now, when will Switzerland allow it..... ?

Reactions: PaulJohn
Thanks for the confirmation. I feel very encouraged to see some European countries are getting NoA. I'm grateful for you sharing your experience with it.

Now, when will Switzerland allow it..... ?

3 months maybe, 6 months definitely...

In all seriousness, I'd like to know who makes that decision, on what facts are they basing that decision on and what are the legal grounds to approve/refuse a firmware update to car for a system that requires constant monitoring and leaves the responsability to the driver.