Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, Musk has also twice (within the last 12 months) confirmed an MCU upgrade will be available. But never any additional information. This is separate from any Autopilot hardware.

So, the answer is supposedly that there will be an upgrade available from MCU1 to MCU2, however, it will be at the owner's expense. The APU module (AutoPilot) will be freely upgraded to AP3 for those who have already purchased FSD.

Note that I've seen quotes of USD$2500 to do the MCU upgrade. The "supposed" part is that confirmation and further information hasn't been forthcoming.

I got 2019.12 this morning. AP2/MCU1.

- NoA without Confirmation is great. It did nearly miss an exit at one point because it just couldn't get over, so I had to quickly disable and cross 3 lanes to get over. But, otherwise it's great. Excellent update for AP!

- Sentry mode works. I was able to enable it, and my wife approached the car and noticed the screen warning message. When I got into the car, it said there were "2 sentry events". I have no idea how to find them... everything I see makes it sound like the video is just sent to Tesla. I'd imagine that they would then be able to send the video assuming the car is broken into?!?!

- I'm extremely disappointed that I did not get the browser upgrade. The browser did seem usable for the moment, but it's definitely not Chromium - it's the original one. This really sucks.

All in all, the AP updates are well worth it. NoA without Confirmation is a huge step.

I got 2019.12 this morning. AP2/MCU1.

- NoA without Confirmation is great. It did nearly miss an exit at one point because it just couldn't get over, so I had to quickly disable and cross 3 lanes to get over. But, otherwise it's great. Excellent update for AP!

- Sentry mode works. I was able to enable it, and my wife approached the car and noticed the screen warning message. When I got into the car, it said there were "2 sentry events". I have no idea how to find them... everything I see makes it sound like the video is just sent to Tesla. I'd imagine that they would then be able to send the video assuming the car is broken into?!?!

- I'm extremely disappointed that I did not get the browser upgrade. The browser did seem usable for the moment, but it's definitely not Chromium - it's the original one. This really sucks.

All in all, the AP updates are well worth it. NoA without Confirmation is a huge step.

Did you get updated Atari games?

Did you get updated Atari games?

It did include new games (AP2, MCU1). I really liked how it now displays the AP maps. Is this what everyone else has in terms of maps?
20190407_100029.jpg

Do you have a USB joystick to see if MCU1 supports that now?
I've just given that a try:
Model S, AP2.0 Car delivered 6/2017
If there is a FAT32 formated USB Stick with TeslaCam Folder plugged in, Sentry mode tries to use it. The operative word being "tries".
sentry_mode_teslacam_folder.PNG

As you can see, it creates event-related .mp4 files; they do not however nontain any usable information. they're all 595 bytes and obviously without any actual video.

Tried twice with two different sticks, so certainly lokks like a system limitation.

I've just given that a try:
Model S, AP2.0 Car delivered 6/2017
If there is a FAT32 formated USB Stick with TeslaCam Folder plugged in, Sentry mode tries to use it. The operative word being "tries".
View attachment 394882
As you can see, it creates event-related .mp4 files; they do not however nontain any usable information. they're all 595 bytes and obviously without any actual video.

Tried twice with two different sticks, so certainly lokks like a system limitation.
I think it's a beta of Sentry mode for AP2 next release or later they make recording possible same for Browser they tests on news cars and later on olders I think because remeber all person said no Sentry mode on AP2 and now you have it please be patient....

Reactions: UkrHog