Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8.6 appears to be one more patch on the 8.x as it’s overwriting all the 8.5. Is it the last one? Who knows. Why is 12 out? Good question.

I thought they would ship 2019.12 to everyone and am surprised (seriously) that it isn’t 2019.12.1. When was the last time we had a release which didn’t have several subversion?

And BTW the software ‘request’ feature only tells you that a firmware request is ‘waiting’ for your car, I believe. Which is just a way of telling you to go get on WiFi. So pretty useless for many people, good for some.

Downloading Navigation Update on 2019.12
D59728A8-137F-4933-949C-A41152B5EDC1.jpeg

Sentry mode doesn't do anything useful on AP2 , just notification , it doesn't store anything
Dennis- while I certainly agree that there are no user accessible storage of videos, the UI states video clips are uploaded to Tesla; and sure enough yesterday my ap2.0 car told me it had 2 "events" detected by Sentry. Later that night it uploaded 700+MB to Tesla.
upload_2019-4-10_20-48-12.png

Dennis- while I certainly agree that there are no user accessible storage of videos, the UI states video clips are uploaded to Tesla; and sure enough yesterday my ap2.0 car told me it had 2 "events" detected by Sentry. Later that night it uploaded 700+MB to Tesla. View attachment 395758
Trust me, it doesn't save anything or send anything to Tesla, what you see is most likely one of those triggers AP sent to Tesla. I don't see any artifacts that get generated on the car for sentry mode other then a lot of login in syslog and empty .mp4 files

Dennis- while I certainly agree that there are no user accessible storage of videos, the UI states video clips are uploaded to Tesla; and sure enough yesterday my ap2.0 car told me it had 2 "events" detected by Sentry. Later that night it uploaded 700+MB to Tesla. View attachment 395758

Be interesting to see what happens if you ask Tesla for copies of the footage.

Reactions: OPRCE and PaulJohn
I got this update a couple hours ago, coming from 8.5. I'm still having the blindspot detection warning, and reduced AP capabilities. I've got an appointment to have it looked at on Wednesday.

Service replaced the left repeater, and that seems to have done it. No more warning, cameras calibrated, and all functionality restored. :) Can't wait to test out .12 on a longer drive.

Reactions: Duffer and PaulJohn