Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 with HW3 (delivered 4 days ago) just upgraded from 2019.7.105 to 2019.12.1.2

Now have all recently released features, including 150kw supercharging, on-route battery warming, Sentry mode, hold high speed for longer, EXCEPT Navigate on Autopilot without confirmation. Looks like they’re still validating HW3 with more miles before releasing NoA without confirmation.
Hey that's great but you realize this is Model S, not Model 3's forum area right?

Well, what "memory corruption" do you speak of? How did you determine that the issue is a "memory corruption"?

My point is, we dont know. Posting on the internet using IT terms doesnt make it true.
We don't know that it's memory corruption. Could be memory corruption caused by bad code, or just a bug caused by bad code in general.

But memory leaks cannot really cause bugs like this. Not directly anyway.

I also am experiencing this issue on my Dec 2016 P100D. They also still have not fixed the issues re audio playing in the background on my iPhone X or Bluetooth connection issues when making calls (to get audio on my end, I must change the scroll wheel volume when initiating the call).
Wow I thought I was crazy. I have this exact issue on my 2017 P100D

Reactions: Richard34212
Lucky you, I am on 2019.12.1.1 and tested it out but still only got max of 80kw and was at about 40% charge and navigated to supercharger. Was wondering if those that got 2019.12.1.2 fixed this or not but guess will wait for 2019.16 before checking in with SC

Our you are hitting the throttling. It has been reported that after about 2,500kWhs of DC charging that they start to throttle the 75kWh packs with then finally being limited to 80kW. Do you Supercharge often?

That limit seems pretty low, no?

Didn't 75kWh packs top out at about 95kw anyhow? So that is a 15% reduction in peak charge speed. Of course you stay at the new lower peak longer so it isn't a 15% increase in charging time. (Unless you were charging for very short time periods.)

What we have seen from Tesla for the 75kWh pack is: "The DC charge limiting is set to start at 2625 kWh and reaches maximum derating at 13125 kWh."

So the limit of 80kW is after 13,125kWh. That would be ~250 DC charging sessions, charging 70% (say 10%-80%), before you hit the maximum throttling. (Or approximately 33k miles of DC charging.)

Lucky you, I am on 2019.12.1.1 and tested it out but still only got max of 80kw and was at about 40% charge and navigated to supercharger. Was wondering if those that got 2019.12.1.2 fixed this or not but guess will wait for 2019.16 before checking in with SC

That does seem a bit on the low side, I assume your battery was warm?

Looking at TeslaFI it looks like the 110kw is only good up to about 30% charge and from there tapers to about 98kw @ 45%.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
That does seem a bit on the low side, I assume your battery was warm?

Looking at TeslaFI it looks like the 110kw is only good up to about 30% charge and from there tapers to about 98kw @ 45%.
Thanks, I assumed it would be due to navigating to the charger which is supposed to pre-warm but i’ll run the battery lower and do a longer pre-warm run to the supercharger and see if it makes any difference