Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that since I got 2018.16.2, vampire drain seems significantly lower. I just went on a trip and left the car at the airport. Parked Sunday afternoon at 60% (183 rated miles), came back late Friday night at 59% (179 rated miles). I've rarely seen less than a 1% drop per day, so I expected to be around 55%.

I thought if you turned the alarm on (Sentry or not) it turned off Overheat. So, not new with Sentry. Not so?

Sentry does turn the alarm on as final Sentry mode has the normal alarm sounding. May just be a factor of using the alarm for third stage Sentry (red eye, music, alarm?).

I was just using TACC in traffic this morning (no autosteer for quite some time) and when I crossed over some lane markings without indicating the car alarmed loudly at me and pulled me partially back into my lane forcefully. This is on an S with 2019.16.3.1. Anyone want to tell me which particular feature that was supposed to be? I have lane departure warnings all off even.

Which everyone insists isn't on model S since it's never been in the release notes?
That’s what I was going to say... is it not in 16.3.2 (the final version) but is/was in some of the intermediate ones (2.1, 3.1, etc.?). I thought I’d seen it mentioned along the way and then not be in the final 3.2 for S and X.

Definitely not on 16.3.2 on my X, since no switches. Does this 16.3.1 S have the Settings switches?

That’s what I was going to say... is it not in 16.3.2 (the final version) but is/was in some of the intermediate ones (2.1, 3.1, etc.?). I thought I’d seen it mentioned along the way and then not be in the final 3.2 for S and X.

Definitely not on 16.3.2 on my X, since no switches. Does this 16.3.1 S have the Settings switches?
Nope. 13.1 was unique to Australia for... unknown reasons, but didn't have anything special in its release notes that wasn't in 16.3, and there's no setting for it.

Just picked up my car from service. Turns out the autopilot issue was related to a deviated front camera. They adjusted the pitch of the camera and the problem is now solved. NOT a firmware issue like I was told numerous times by another service center.
That’s great. I’m willing to bet there are many others out there that possibly have something similar and don’t realize it.
So what exactly is a deviated camera? Mounted wrong in the bracket so it looks at wrong area, I assume?

Just picked up my car from service. Turns out the autopilot issue was related to a deviated front camera. They adjusted the pitch of the camera and the problem is now solved. NOT a firmware issue like I was told numerous times by another service center.
Sounds right. After I sent my last video to the service reps for my appointment for this issue they said my 'parts' to fix the issue would arrive at the end of this month. When I asked he said it was a bracket to raise / realign my camera. If this is the fix its a hardware issue, and those of us with it have been driving around with bad ap images from those cameras for as long as we've owned the car. Lets hope this is the fix.

I've posted this in another thread as well. After the update to 16.2, I've definitely lost the buzzing sound and the steering vibration for the Lane Departure Warning. Anybody else?

In my past experience before 2019.16.x and as the latest owners manual clearly states the "Lane Departure Warning is active only when driving between approximately 36 and 90 mph".

Did more testing. I now notice the buzz and the vibration only after 45 miles/hr speed.