Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has the new "Advanced" software update option made a difference for anyone? I'm still on 2019.16.1.1 with "Advanced" selected but 2019.16.2 has been out for about a week now. According to TeslaFi, 67.5% of AP1 users are on 2019.16.2 and 8.8% are on 2019.16.1.1. Not a huge deal, but I just thought the whole point of selecting "Advanced" was to get updates quicker.
It's like the "close door" button on an elevator.

Not sure what LKA exactly supposed to do, but I had "alerts" already on 12.2. while Autosteer was off. Is it that what you meant ?

Yes, that sounds like LKA .. it should actively nudge your steering back into the lane with a warning tone if veering off without indicator.

PS: 2019.16.3.1 just appeared minutes ago in Oz.

Last edited:
I'm in Australia with 16.2 and I've got mine set to advanced and caught the car in action downloading something.

upload_2019-5-29_21-3-52.png

Will see what this ends up being...

If you're in the EU and wondering if it's worth it to update to 2019.16.2, don't do it. The 5s timer on lane changes cripples them, turn rate means many turns can't be made anymore and NoA it's essentially still alpha - useless.
I've never wanted to revert an update so badly as this one.

Oh and it's a UN ECE regulation, specific between the UN and Europe.

If you're in the EU and wondering if it's worth it to update to 2019.16.2, don't do it. The 5s timer on lane changes cripples them, turn rate means many turns can't be made anymore and NoA it's essentially still alpha - useless.
I've never wanted to revert an update so badly as this one.

Oh and it's a UN ECE regulation, specific between the UN and Europe.
Most likely they had to nerf it to get NoA approved.

Dang. What did you do before autopilot? Unemployment?
It was meant as a developmental improvement for purpose, i.e., in the context of autopilot. The goal of life isn't to just live for a while until one dies; it is to make oneself and one's surroundings (including other people) as well off as possible. I'm amazed how many people don't understand that basic fact; were they taught differently?

Reactions: fmonera
  • Helpful
Reactions: Snerruc
What are we looking at in that screen grab? Is that your router software?
Yes that's my unifi controller. Any time I see more than 100MB downloaded by the car I know it's a new firmware. It ended up being 270MB total and all of us in Australia with the advanced setting got 2019.16.3.1 . Unfortunately there are no new release notes with it at all so all we got was bugfixes, but they're much appreciated. Not sure exactly what was fixed of course...

• Funny
Reactions: croman
Yes that's my unifi controller. Any time I see more than 100MB downloaded by the car I know it's a new firmware. It ended up being 270MB total and all of us in Australia with the advanced setting got 2019.16.3.1 . Unfortunately there are no new release notes with it at all so all we got was bugfixes, but they're much appreciated. Not sure exactly what was fixed of course...

Now 16.3.1 is out. Probably fixing the bugs they missed in 16.3. I can't wait until 16.3.13. (/s).

This advanced setting will really change both the introduction of and solution to bugs stemming from this agile software development process.