Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking the same thing as this. But I think I may have disabled it. Is there a setting to enable or disable this? And where? Also, is there a ABS setting?
The old one (LD vibration) used to be all there was. Now the new one is an extension (in Settings) of the old one, which leads to the confusion. I believe the default is to leave it set as it was (that's what mine was) in my 3. But who knows with all the versions of the software (our first '16' was 16.2).

I have some weird bugs with .16.2 on my AP2.5 X, even after multiple reboots.

The energy consumption graph is frozen most of the time and when it does kick back in, its registering an average of ~90wh/m for the last 15 miles lol.

My dash cam also stopped working even after reformatting my thumb drive and rebooting.

Location doesn’t seem to update either now in my app. It still shows my car at home even though it is clearly not.

You don't. You wait until it is made available to you. (Make sure you get your car on WiFi to get the update faster.)
Thank you MP3Mike but it seems it's available globally at this point and I may be the only one that doesn't have it yet. I understand I may be impatient but I'm wondering if there's a problem with me receiving the update since it seems everyone already has it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jan Fiala
Thank you MP3Mike but it seems it's available globally at this point and I may be the only one that doesn't have it yet. I understand I may be impatient but I'm wondering if there's a problem with me receiving the update since it seems everyone already has it.

You can look at trackers like: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker or Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

You didn't say what version you have, but ~14% of the fleet is still on 2019.12.x

So the "current" version isn't available "globally" just yet.

Reactions: Jan Fiala
I am a little confused. What was it before? My car in the US is different based on how fast the car is going. I think 15-20 seconds is on the freeway at high speed (like 65-75 mph). It can be 2 minutes in stop and go traffic.
For the period we had the dodgy 15 second firmware, it really was every 15 seconds whenever you were moving, no matter what speed you were going. In urban traffic I'd moved sometimes only 5 metres and still scored a warning.

I hear you but I fall into the 4.1% group. I guess I'm just being impatient!
This is something I have always complained about. Being that "almost" everyone has it you should be able to get it as well. But the answer is normally "wait your turn". You said that you "just" got it. Did you get it from Tesla or a third party? If a third party then maybe not on wifi for some time? Maybe same from Tesla. If Tesla they might push the update since you just got it and they want to be NICE. My guess is that if you are on WiFi then you will probably get it soon. If that does not do the trick in a week or so you could call Tesla Support and ask if they can check your car to see if the is an issue with your car. Like failed to download for some reason. Anyway, the good news is starting with 2019.16 we can now say if we what Software Updates as soon as they are available (Advanced) or not (Standard).

Anyway, the good news is starting with 2019.16 we can now say if we what Software Updates as soon as they are available (Advanced) or not (Standard).
And I can confirm this really does something - unlike the close door button on an elevator - as everyone in Australia who had it set got notified of our unique 2019.16.3.1 version within one hour. We were all posting on our group within minutes of each other.

Reactions: Duffer and d21mike
2019.16.3.2 has been available since yesterday but it went kind of slow.

It seems to be going wide now. I just got a notification of a software update, so I'm guessing that's the one I will get.

I'm currently on 2019.16.2.

No idea what this one has. I hope they don't take NoA away for Switzerland again (2019.16.3 brought NoA to Switzerland according to reports on this same thread).

It would be nice if 2019.16.3.2 had a better version of the nagging, as it happened to the Aussies.

I am a little confused. What was it before? My car in the US is different based on how fast the car is going. I think 15-20 seconds is on the freeway at high speed (like 65-75 mph). It can be 2 minutes in stop and go traffic.
Previously it was exactly like that here too. Now it seems 15 seconds is the max always. Sometimes it nags more often.

Yeap, me too. I confirm I indeed received 2019.16.3.2 with NoA for Switzerland.

I went out for a ride (it's past midnight here) to test the thing without traffic.

It's actually kind of scary and it requires some training. At least here in Europe. You need to pay attention to the cluster, keep track of cars around you, confirm lane changes... I'll see how it goes after a couple of days of using it, especially with traffic.

Nagging is still every 15 secs.

Reactions: hoschilo
16.3.2 here as well. Sometimes strange proposals/advices for lane change i.e. lane to which I'm supposed to change will end in a few hundert meters; speed limit is same as actual limlit. I like the highway exit which it just does without any involvement of the driver and really straight forward.
BTW: wake up time for car before you start driving (after some time parked) has improved or is partially not there anymore since 16.2