Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you read them yet ? If yes, are they any different from 20.1 ?

Thanks

20.0 and 20.1 are different. One is early access, one isnt. 20.1 is the "regular" update. based on the way the OP in this thread answered a couple of questions, they are on the Early access track, thus this update is not the same as 20.1 which is on the "regular" track,

If you take your car to a service center, they will gladly push the latest update available for your car configuration for free.
The only way I have received an update in the past 6 months is requesting it at the service Center. I wait until the mass roll-out is done, and when i haven’t received it I request from service Center. As with 2019.20.1 which is slowing down now and I don’t have it yet. I will request Monday.

Release notes. Pretty basic.
85AE2E08-183D-465F-8BF2-622C90339088.jpeg

This thread is about 2019.20.2.5. Can anyone provide actual info about what’s in this update?

Because it seems to be early access, and thus anyone in the program would be breaking NDA if they post any real information about it, dont expect any real information (since we know tesla also sometimes monitors this forum).

Reactions: Deraillor
How would you feel about keeping track of user settings and whether they stick, specifically of course ELDA :)
That's probably too granular for the tabular summary. I already have to cut things out of the table to keep the size manageable. Also I'm currently in the pro-ELDA camp. Although I haven't had any bad ELDA events, I do understand the issues, but I would prefer Tesla fix the bugs rather than allow drivers to globally defeat safety features which will likely improve in the future.

That's probably too granular for the tabular summary. I already have to cut things out of the table to keep the size manageable. Also I'm currently in the pro-ELDA camp. Although I haven't had any bad ELDA events, I do understand the issues, but I would prefer Tesla fix the bugs rather than allow drivers to globally defeat safety features which will likely improve in the future.

Understand for the table, less for the removal of personal choice ... choose ELDA if you wish, folks shouldn't force it on others..

cheers

Reactions: hcdavis3
Wait people have HW3?? I have the first Performance Model 3 in Indian, EAP, FSD all that how do I get HW threeeeeeeeeee?

Don't get too excited, today it does nothing special. In fact it's less stable and has fewer enabled features compared to HW2.5. They've even started building new cars with HW2.5 again.

HW2.5 took over a year to start surpassing HW2.0 in capability. The early days were pretty awful with Autopilot ECU crashes, phantom braking, failed updates, etc before it got ironed out.

By the time that happens for HW3, retrofits will probably begin so I don't think you're missing much.

Don't get too excited, today it does nothing special. In fact it's less stable and has fewer enabled features compared to HW2.5. They've even started building new cars with HW2.5 again.

HW2.5 took over a year to start surpassing HW2.0 in capability. The early days were pretty awful with Autopilot ECU crashes, phantom braking, failed updates, etc before it got ironed out.

By the time that happens for HW3, retrofits will probably begin so I don't think you're missing much.

Who says it’s less stable and has fewer enabled features? When it was first released it was missing Sentry mode and no-confirmation NoA. But since then there’s parity between the hardware versions as far as I’m aware. I’ve heard of nobody with HW3 with backup cameras being black, so doesn’t that mean HW3 is more stable?

As to HW2.5 showing up in newer cars - we don’t know why. Likely to save money/clear inventory when people aren’t buying FSD off the bat.

If you take your car to a service center, they will gladly push the latest update available for your car configuration for free.
I used to be able to do that. The SC manager with whom I have a quite a friendly relationship, never hesitated to do that for me when I asked. However, the last time I asked for the latest upgrade, he said he would try, but it wasn't so simple any longer. He looked up my Vin and saw I was not in the queue, yet, to receive the latest update. So, he couldn't push it out to me, even though he wanted to do it.

My guess is the people who are getting the software push at the SC are getting it only because they are already in the queue to get it, but don’t have a good enough wifi connection at home.

Last edited:
I’ve heard of nobody with HW3 with backup cameras being black, so doesn’t that mean HW3 is more stable?
I have HW3 and my camera went black for a whole day two weeks into ownership. It did it again once or twice after that one long day but has been fine after that. Delivered with 2019.7.102, updated to 2019.12.1.2 which is the version where I had a full day blackout, 2019.16.3 gave me one brief instance of black reverse camera, and got 2019.20.2.1 last night.