Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would kill for any update. I'm sitting on 2019.7.107 since taking delivery three weeks ago. Home delivery if that changes anything.

Ugh that sucks. You definitely should have had an update. I’d do a chat and get service to push it to you.

I have HW3 and my camera went black for a whole day two weeks into ownership. It did it again once or twice after that one long day but has been fine after that. Delivered with 2019.7.102, updated to 2019.12.1.2 which is the version where I had a full day blackout, 2019.16.3 gave me one brief instance of black reverse camera, and got 2019.20.2.1 last night.

Hm. That sounds like perhaps it’s hardware version independent. I haven’t had anything other than an extremely brief black screen (with parking lines!) right after jumping into my car and putting it into reverse immediately. I chalked that up to the car being “asleep.”

I know people are still cheesed about the black screen issues on pre-HW3 cars. Be nice if it could be finally resolved for these people.

Ugh that sucks. You definitely should have had an update. I’d do a chat and get service to push it to you.

Hm. That sounds like perhaps it’s hardware version independent. I haven’t had anything other than an extremely brief black screen (with parking lines!) right after jumping into my car and putting it into reverse immediately. I chalked that up to the car being “asleep.”

I know people are still cheesed about the black screen issues on pre-HW3 cars. Be nice if it could be finally resolved for these people.
Yea, request a service appt and they will push the software to you.

By Power Cycle, is it just powering off from the center screen and waiting 3+ minutes or did it entail something else? Thanks

1. Reset the touchscreen

Shift into Park and hold down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the touchscreen turns black and the Tesla logo appears then release the scroll buttons. Within approximately 30 seconds, the touchscreen restarts.

2. Power off the car

You can power off Model 3 by touching Controls > Safety & Security > Power Off. Allow 3 minutes for the car to completely power off then
Model 3 automatically powers back on again if you press the brake pedal or touch the touchscreen.

• Informative
Reactions: Deraillor