Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 4.2 yesterday, it does seem a little smoother on AP, and now I have the new app launcher with toys and arcade. I have a number of games in arcade but not the new Beach Buggy thing. My car has MCU1, sadly was manufactured just before they cut over to MCU2, and I suspect that may be the reason.

Can anyone confirm that with MCU2 (car manufactured March 2018 or later), you get the Beach Buggy game with 4.2, or some other changes that I don’t see?

I was also a bit surprised that the emergency lane departure is still not there. Anyone seen that in an S/X of any generation?

Yes mcu1 doesn’t get :(

I get it, but what I am asking for is confirmation from someone who has an S with MCU2 and has updated to 20.4.2, that the Beach Buggy game is there, along with what else ???

I am working up a rationalization to pay for an upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2 if it ever materializes. It has been promised long ago, but after so much time I have my doubts that it is in the cards. Could be that the cost is just too high so they don’t expect anyone to jump.

I get it, but what I am asking for is confirmation from someone who has an S with MCU2 and has updated to 20.4.2, that the Beach Buggy game is there, along with what else ???

I am working up a rationalization to pay for an upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2 if it ever materializes. It has been promised long ago, but after so much time I have my doubts that it is in the cards. Could be that the cost is just too high so they don’t expect anyone to jump.
Yes 20.4.2 mcu2 gets beach buggy ..there is no known upgrade path to mcu2 other than trading in and getting a new car ;)

With the 20.4.2 update, my MCU1 does display the Arcade icon in the application launcher but I'm unable to open it for some reason. It also doesn't let me open the fireplace animation. Wondering if anyone else lost access to all of the arcade games.

I have a couple of hundred miles on 20.4.2

NoA seems more "confident" when changing lanes and both NoA and auto-steer seem to handle merging traffic better. Instead of just slowing down for the merging car, NoA just changes lanes now (I'm not on Mad Max either).

Something new that I recently noticed. Twice at 2 different off-ramps, after NoA ended and straight auto-steer took over, my car has stopped for the red light at the end of the ramp. Still ignores stoplights on surface streets though, or so I've been told. ;)

With the 20.4.2 update, my MCU1 does display the Arcade icon in the application launcher but I'm unable to open it for some reason. It also doesn't let me open the fireplace animation. Wondering if anyone else lost access to all of the arcade games.
After every new software install, always reset MCU and instrument cluster screens. Then try apps like Arcade & fireplace, more important the car driving functions.

Fireplace animation and arcade do not work when the car is not in park (icons are greyed out). Not sure if this is what you were seeing.

Not definitive, but I had heard that many people were showing lower rated range with 4.1. Indeed, this morning, when I first looked at the app I was showing 260 miles rated at 90%, whereas I usually get 270 miles at 90%. Then I installed the update and my rated was up to 264 miles (no charging was being done in that time).

Not at all confident that's what's changed, but just a information point.

So 4.1 if anything raised the range correct? As I understand some vehicles lost range with the 2019.16.X update. I'm already on 2019.20.2.1 and don't seem to be affected by range. I have an update but didn't install yet, but seems if range was going to be affected it would have happened with the earlier update?

So 4.1 if anything raised the range correct? As I understand some vehicles lost range with the 2019.16.X update. I'm already on 2019.20.2.1 and don't seem to be affected by range. I have an update but didn't install yet, but seems if range was going to be affected it would have happened with the earlier update?
Cannot say it raised or reduced ..the long thread on throttling of 85 batts there is no consistency to this ..without Tesla being transparent on who is affected hard to say. There are some bugs (trip app) that was broke on 20.1 that is now fixed in latest 4.2 ..I would just update ;)

Just got 2019.20.4.3. Not clear what the changes are but could be related to the fix for overheating.

Attachments

• IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    576.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    624 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    553.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Informative
Reactions: fauquemont
Got 4.2 yesterday, it does seem a little smoother on AP, and now I have the new app launcher with toys and arcade. I have a number of games in arcade but not the new Beach Buggy thing. My car has MCU1, sadly was manufactured just before they cut over to MCU2, and I suspect that may be the reason.

Can anyone confirm that with MCU2 (car manufactured March 2018 or later), you get the Beach Buggy game with 4.2, or some other changes that I don’t see?

I was also a bit surprised that the emergency lane departure is still not there. Anyone seen that in an S/X of any generation?
Dang... looks like I need to trade my car in and get a new one so I can play Beach Buggy!!
might be better off and less expensive to just buy a Beach Buggy

Has anyone noticed an improvement in Wh/mi with 20.4.2? Have 2016 MX P90D and mine improved by 15%+ while I slept.
Any issues with Homelink after update? Auto open/close now won't work. Have deleted/reloaded/re-synched half a dozen times and rebooted car once and still no go.

Has anyone noticed an improvement in Wh/mi with 20.4.2? Have 2016 MX P90D and mine improved by 15%+ while I slept.
Any issues with Homelink after update? Auto open/close now won't work. Have deleted/reloaded/re-synched half a dozen times and rebooted car once and still no go.
Homelink OK, but I don't auto open/close. Manually yers is broke?
old |v2019.20.2.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.20.4.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

Yah my homelink not auto opening/closing on 4.2