Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also received it this morning. 2017 X100D AP2.0.
Two new items in the release notes:
- The previously mentioned Dog mode improvement
- Lock Confirmation Sounds. The car can now emit a sound to confirm the car is locked/unlocked or failing to lock because a door is open.

Just tried it out it works quite well.

Interesting, the lock confirmation must be for the X only? Didnt get it on my S.

Reactions: jlv1
Got the update this morning (2019.20.1) on my 2018 Model S P100D, AP 2.5.
IMG_1728.JPG

Excellent question!
I contend that the advanced button does absolutely nothing for the rest of us to get software quicker. It seems like it’s only a way for the FSD folks to get advanced updates a bit earlier as promised by Elon awhile back.

I paid for FSD before delivery, and have set the advanced button to enabled, and have a strong WIFI signal in my garage, but I've not gotten an update yet (since the one that brought the advanced button). I think its a switch not connected to anything.

I paid for FSD before delivery, and have set the advanced button to enabled, and have a strong WIFI signal in my garage, but I've not gotten an update yet (since the one that brought the advanced button). I think its a switch not connected to anything.
I’m starts to agree with that theory myself. I’ve seen nothin from it. If it’s not for you FSD folks then I honestly haven’t seen anything useful from it.

Reactions: Tdreamer
I have really mixed feelings about this. One one hand I really want to know what features are coming. On the other, I'd like to believe that people who signed up for Early Access are honoring their confidentiality agreement. On the other, I'd like the EA program to continue so that the Tesla mothership gets good real-world feedback on new features before wide release. Wait... that's a lot of hands.:eek:

@boaterva , I'm with you. Either this is a different type of release, or we have one of the most well-documented violations of the EA agreement to date.
Same thoughts (mixed feelings about this being shared). I do appreciate it, and it provides proof of what EA members are getting vs. various messages describing it that may or may not be true. I also am one of those that paid a premium price for FSD that feels like the promise of entry into EAP has failed to be delivered. I feel like I paid for FSD in advance of availability to be part of the "let's help make it work together" group, and EAP admission is well aligned with that.

I’ve found a few interesting bugs in this update. While sitting in the car for awhile after stopping, sentry mode activated and Hal showed up. I could not disable by hitting Park again, so I opened and closed the door.

Also, while driving the Bluetooth activated and said I was on a call (turning off music), but I was not according to my phone. And pressing End Call did not work, so I had to disable Bluetooth.

On the bright side, AP is smoother with less phantom braking.