Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2019.20.2.1

28A0987C-42A6-404E-B842-AA327565A91C.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
you have obviously never bought a used car before. . . .

Buying a used S was a way to ease into this whole Tesla thing. After owning the car for about an hour, I realized how unless things change, I can't imagine owning anything but a Tesla. This stuff is so crazy good and so much more advanced than anything else on the road non-Tesla. Honestly, I wish I would have sprung $30k more for a new one, or $20k more for a newer one with Smart Air Suspension and FSD.

I use FSD in posts because of the various changes that have been made to AP and EAP, especially in recent vehicles - this way there is no doubt about what I have for people responding. And while I know the car cannot do FSD yet, I did buy it so yes, it does have FSD capabilities which are currently software (and hardware) limited.

As for point #2, a large number of the Michigan "M" roads that I use ARE divided with a huge median (grass that on some roads like M84 are 20-30 ft wide). Previous versions had no issues on these roads or the other M roads that only have a continuous middle turn lane, but now this version does, thus the post. The odd part is after forcing the lane change, it seemed to realize the road as a multi-lane for the remainder of the trip and works correctly, turning left or right with the turn signal. Tomorrow I will be taking both of the above-type roads with stops along the way. Will be interesting to see if it remembers it.
Interesting. I’ve noticed starting with 16.X, AP will cross the solid white line into and out of the HOV lane (this is allowed in WA state). Previous loads would “see” it as the left shoulder and never allow an AP lane change.

To your point, I use mine routinely on 4 lane roads that have a center “suicide” lane. I haven’t had a single problem with any load since I got the car getting it to recognize the 2 lanes on my side of the road. Dec 17 build, HW 2.5.

Buying a used S was a way to ease into this whole Tesla thing. After owning the car for about an hour, I realized how unless things change, I can't imagine owning anything but a Tesla. This stuff is so crazy good and so much more advanced than anything else on the road non-Tesla. Honestly, I wish I would have sprung $30k more for a new one, or $20k more for a newer one with Smart Air Suspension and FSD.
What is "more advanced than anything else" about Tesla?

Elon has lately been pessimistic about enhanced summon. Any credence to that or was Tesla just being naive with listing enhanced summon as shipping for all FSD or EAP buyers?
I think this is the phase where he realizes something that's 75% done in 3 months doesn't just take another 3 months to iron out.

In the past few years since AP2, man has gone from absolutely awful at understanding that concept to just borderline upper management at understanding that. Hooray! :)

I use FSD in posts because of the various changes that have been made to AP and EAP, especially in recent vehicles - this way there is no doubt about what I have for people responding. And while I know the car cannot do FSD yet, I did buy it so yes, it does have FSD capabilities which are currently software (and hardware) limited.

As for point #2, a large number of the Michigan "M" roads that I use ARE divided with a huge median (grass that on some roads like M84 are 20-30 ft wide). Previous versions had no issues on these roads or the other M roads that only have a continuous middle turn lane, but now this version does, thus the post. The odd part is after forcing the lane change, it seemed to realize the road as a multi-lane for the remainder of the trip and works correctly, turning left or right with the turn signal. Tomorrow I will be taking both of the above-type roads with stops along the way. Will be interesting to see if it remembers it.
Prior to this update with AP engaged clicking the turn stalk initiated a lane change on undivided roads and streets. I've used it often on two near my home. Since updating to 2019.20.1 if I'm in the left lane and request a lane change it works flawlessly. If I'm in the right lane and request a lane change it doesn't work. Works as it should on interstate.

• Informative
Reactions: JRoque and FMinMI
Prior to this update with AP engaged clicking the turn stalk initiated a lane change on undivided roads and streets. I've used it often on two near my home. Since updating to 2019.20.1 if I'm in the left lane and request a lane change it works flawlessly. If I'm in the right lane and request a lane change it doesn't work. Works as it should on interstate.

2 steps forward, one step back ??? Or the other way around :-( Can never tell...

2 steps forward, one step back ??? Or the other way around :-( Can never tell...
In this case it's 2 steps right and one step left, if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: FMinMI
It’s just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right

Bruce.
Bruce you are correct, the chorus in the Rocky Horror picture show goes:

Let's do the Time Warp again

It's just a jump to the left

And then a step to the right

With your hands on your hips

You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane

The song reminds me of our Tesla journey.