Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im AP2.5 MCU1 ..it’s actually been inconsistent ..if I stop car while reversing it will close ..in the past I could keep reversing and it would close
The only time mine doesn't close is if I pull out of the garage and stop home link says something like closing in 20 ft depending on where I stop. If I stop for awhile it seems to time out and not close when I pull out of the driveway. If I don't stop short of where it normally signals it works fine.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and P85_DA
Mine wasn’t working on the X and now it is again for both arriving and departing. It always seems to take a few cycles to reset to work correctly which is nuts.

BTW, I’ve asked TeslaFi to look into sending emails (once) for each release as these out of order early access releases mean we don’t get emails for some release. One for each one, period, should be most useful, I’d think.

That’s sounds right as MCU1 didn’t get released until late Feb 2018 I think it was.
Correct. Same combo as my Sep 2017 X. MCU 1 and 2.5.

Homelink is hit or miss for us also. Seems to work usually for autoclose but seldom for autoopen.

Fun part is the car dings and autofolds the mirrors. Just doesn’t transmits the code. Manual transmit usually (!) works. Jeez Tesla. (Update to above post...)

Always makes me wonder why different cars react differently with same same hardware and firmware. I'm also AP2 MCU1 2019.2.1. auto lane change works fine on highway on 4 lane local roads car will change from left lane to right but not right to left. Worked fine previously.

I have AP2.5 + MC1 and on 2019.20.4.3. I was previously on 2019.20.4.2. With the bump to 2019.20.4.3 on highways the car no longer reliably completes lane changes from right to left. Left to right lane changes are fine.

I have been on open 4 lane highways (Rt95 and the Florida Turnpike) without a car in sight when this failure to complete starts happening.

The car will request to make a NOA right to left lane change, turn on the directionals, show the blue line indicating a lane change is imminent and then just sit there with the directionals on and never complete the change.

Once this behavior starts it does not stop until I park the car at a rest stop and then get back out on the highway. After resuming the drive, the car will successfully make right to left lane changes for some time then starts getting hung up again. This sure seems like a software bug. I have tried different NOA settings from mild to mad max and the same behavior happens. When it is in this right to left refusal mood, it will also not complete right to left lane changes that I initiate with the directionals.

What's about nags in your car now?
I have almost zerro nags after installing of 2019.20.4.2.
But I can't find any pattern of it. Sometime it asks about hands on a wheel every 14 seconds and sometime doesn't ask at all at the same place of the same road.
For example, today I had my dayly comute 40 km one side without any single nag!

Very strange, I had countless nags when I had the same 2019.20.4.2 version and the situation hasn't improved with version 4.3.

Same car I think, same region (Europe).

2019.20.4.3 57296af
What's about nags in your car now?
I have almost zerro nags after installing of 2019.20.4.2.
But I can't find any pattern of it. Sometime it asks about hands on a wheel every 14 seconds and sometime doesn't ask at all at the same place of the same road.
For example, today I had my dayly comute 40 km one side without any single nag!

Same car I think, same region (Europe).

2019.20.4.3 57296af
I have the same car everyday but its behaviour changes from day to day. For example I had nags every 14 seconds on 30 km of a highway outside of the city and no nags when had crossed a ring road, entered in the sity and stucked in a stop-n-go traffik yesterday.

By the way we have little bit different cars. Most of the cars in Ukraine are from US. My one is also USA origine but with European maps and AP restrictions.

My autopilot is working really well again with latest version. Almost no phantom breaking during my commute. The issue where if a car in next lane is moving slightly toward your lane AP would hit the brakes (and potentially cause problems with car behind you) seems to be gone. I can commute with AP in peace again which is one of the major benefits of this car!

My car AP navigated 3 roundabouts on the trot where I was taking the first exit off. I know it was just a fluke and the conditions were perfect but it still felt good
I’ve also noticed Autosteer has gotten more capable with navigating city specific situations like this and sharp turning lanes.

It’s nowhere near perfect yet and I would imagine city NoA with .24.4 would be rather frightening to use, but I am seeing this as evidence this is an area the AP team is working on

Reactions: Didgie
I have the same car everyday but its behaviour changes from day to day. For example I had nags every 14 seconds on 30 km of a highway outside of the city and no nags when had crossed a ring road, entered in the sity and stucked in a stop-n-go traffik yesterday.

By the way we have little bit different cars. Most of the cars in Ukraine are from US. My one is also USA origine but with European maps and AP restrictions.
You do understand how the Nags are time/distance based right? I can go several minutes without a nag in slow traffic and get them 2,3 times a minute at highway speed.