TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Update 2019.4.x

Discussion in 'Model S' started by tyson, Feb 10, 2019.

1. tyson

tyson Member

Looks like one Model 3 so far. Anybody with an S or X get this?

2. cobuckley

cobuckley Member

Am I missing something here? Get what?

3. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

The thread title looks like a firmware version number - which would be the first since the Xmas rush. I'm assuming someone got new firmware on a 3 from the text...

4. Russell

Russell Supporting Member

I had a software update failed on the 8th, which I did not initiate. Haven't seen anything since.

5. tyson

tyson Member

6. croman

croman Active Member

Seems like 2019.4 is an early access build. Likely 2019.4.1 or so will be for us regular owners.

• Informative x 1
  7. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Well according to Elon on the earnings call AND tweets last week we should get THIS WEEK:

1: NOA without stalk confirmation
    2: Advance Summon+
    3: dog mode
    4: Sentry Mode

Well it’s next week Elon. Where is our update. Oh yeah ....another Elon let down coming our way :(

• Like x 1
  8. tyson

tyson Member

Yep... Probably some sort of regulator in the way!

• Funny x 5
  9. rnortman

rnortman Member

You should be careful to clarify whether you're joking or not, when you say something like this on these fora.

10. tyson

tyson Member

Yes it's a joke. Or sarcasm. However you want to look at it. At least in the US regulation is not the hold up for nearly anything software related.

• Like x 4
  11. rory breaker

rory breaker Member

Ohhhh boo hoo, great free upgrades aren’t available exactly when we hope. Oh no, what a failure!

Sorry, had to do it...ppl who buy these cars should know, good stuff takes time. Chill out. Or get upset every time Elon “let’s us down” if that’s how you really feel.,.theres a half empty glass over there w your name on it ;) If it comes this week, next week, whatever, it comes!

No offense, just think ppl need to ease up on this stuff. My 2c obv.

• Like x 9
    • Disagree x 7
  12. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

You must be new around here!

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Alset4S

Alset4S Member

Wait, what you guys didn't get 2019.6? Took 2 days to download and install but it's the most amazing update ever. Fixes everything in V9 and has everything Elon has ever promised.

My S doesn't have a bike rack so I left it at home when I came to Florida in January. Thanks to advanced summon it's now just outside of Nashville on the way here.

• Funny x 13
  14. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

But he's right. Some dreamer needs to stop making false promises. If "someone" doesn't know when, to some degree of certainty, when future events will transpire just say "sometime in the future" instead of "this week".

He crosses the fine line between optimism and deception.

• Like x 3
  15. rnortman

rnortman Member

When the CEO makes public statements about features that will be provided at a certain time in products currently being offered for sale, that means something. If they weren't currently selling and accepting payment for these things that would be a different matter.

The fact is, they've already sold hundreds of thousands of AP2 vehicles based on promises that they can never keep. This is not just people being picky, this is quite possibly a strong case for fraud, or failing that certainly misrepresentation.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  16. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Lets stay on-topic for this firmware thread, please. Thanks!

Bruce.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 2
  17. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Agreed. Would the one person with 2019.4 please step up and tell us how it is working for you?

211420A7-A594-4231-80FF-DF61D4677731.jpeg

18. tyson

tyson Member

Yeah this definitely didn't go wide. I saw it hit and optimistically thought it would go much wider

19. Silicon Desert

I guess those things would be nice, but what I REALLY WANT is spouse ejection seat mode. You know, the James Bond kind? I'm tired of hearing..... you missed that turn.... I'm too cold.... you are driving too fast.... Let's stop, I'm hungry.....
    Whoosh, you are out through the roof :eek:

• Funny x 8