Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to know what their method of deploying updates to each vehicle is based around. Are they compiling a software build for each and every car? Why do some cars get updated to newer releases than other cars on the same day with the same hardware?
I've had several complaints to my Tesla service centre about the mess that is version 2018.48.12.1, there's been 9 updates since that release and I can't seem to manage to get any of them to fix my reported and logged issues caused by 2018.48.12.1. :mad:
When you are constantly told that a software update will fix 'x', 'y' and 'z' then how about giving us the option to just download the damn thing when we want? (Don't tell me Elon said user initiated updates are coming, I'll believe it when I see it).

I'd love to know what their method of deploying updates to each vehicle is based around. Are they compiling a software build for each and every car? Why do some cars get updated to newer releases than other cars on the same day with the same hardware?
I've had several complaints to my Tesla service centre about the mess that is version 2018.48.12.1, there's been 9 updates since that release and I can't seem to manage to get any of them to fix my reported and logged issues caused by 2018.48.12.1. :mad:
When you are constantly told that a software update will fix 'x', 'y' and 'z' then how about giving us the option to just download the damn thing when we want? (Don't tell me Elon said user initiated updates are coming, I'll believe it when I see it).

Elon Musk on Twitter

He mentiones it here, so maybe sooner then later:)

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I'd be happy if they would install 18.50.6 on my S. I have not geen able to super charge sine v9 was installed and no one cares.
I submit a complaint and dont get a reply.

Are you sure it is V9 that broke it? And is it broken at all Supercharger sites?

I thought it was a version of firmware deployed to the Supercharger that broke things, not the firmware on the cars. And that firmware only went to some sites with specific hardware versions.

Elon Musk on Twitter

He mentiones it here, so maybe sooner then later:)

That’s a joke right? This is from April 2017 so I would go with later not sooner in your statement:
C3EF3DF4-7F9C-41F3-A98A-E33351489D1F.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: croman and TJPDX
Looks like 18.50.6 is still being rolled out as well. Are these versions required before 2019.5.2? If not, seems like it would make more sense to just update folks to the latest version.

I’m still on 2018.48.12.1. No love for AP1...

We certainly don't need each intermediate version, I went straight from 48.12.2 to 50.7, but I expect they would continue to roll out the most recent release cleared for general distribution until the next release is cleared for general distribution while they do a limited rollout on the latest version that isn't cleared for general distribution.

With ‘Energy Savings’ set to on and ‘Always Connected’ set to off, are software updates slower to show up on the car?

I just recently dialed in those settings in an attempt to slow my phantom drain of 7-8 miles per day.

I’m also wondering if a notification of an update could show up on the phone app sooner than it might on the car, particularly if if the car is in a deep sleep mode?