Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like these are basic functionality that should be tested in alpha QA before it is ever shipped. And definitely not present in the third version shipped to clients. WTF? Did they lose that many programmers/testers/whatever?
You'd have to think they aren't actually testing these releases in actual cars, run them in a simulator that covers all HW versions from the first model to current and then ship it and wait for feedback from the service centres who cop the brunt of complaints. Some of these bugs that have popped up in an update we all found them within the first minute of driving the car, how can software engineering not have seen these issues in testing, real testing, not software simulations.

I've said several times, I would love to see the GUI of the MCU go open source, I would guarantee some of you on here and other enthusiasts could turn these MCU's in to something very impressive to deal with and not the hit and miss amateur hour programming they have now.

You'd have to think they aren't actually testing these releases in actual cars, run them in a simulator that covers all HW versions from the first model to current and then ship it and wait for feedback from the service centres who cop the brunt of complaints. Some of these bugs that have popped up in an update we all found them within the first minute of driving the car, how can software engineering not have seen these issues in testing, real testing, not software simulations.

I've said several times, I would love to see the GUI of the MCU go open source, I would guarantee some of you on here and other enthusiasts could turn these MCU's in to something very impressive to deal with and not the hit and miss amateur hour programming they have now.
Good grief. If they really don’t even load the stuff on a working car, it explains a lot. And seems to be inexcusable. But what ever happened to Early Access? These releases were definitely not part of that. And I still think the simulator could test that Sentry could send alerts to the app, darn it. How hard is that to test?

Still a piss poor programming effort.

Good grief. If they really don’t even load the stuff on a working car, it explains a lot.
This is only an assumption, I have no proof aside from when you and I can see bugs within minute of installing an update why can't they before an update is deployed?
Perhaps the difference is the bugs don't show up in simulations or they see the bugs in real world testing but choose to ignore them.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I just got 2019.4
How does bling spot chime work? Does the chime turns on when you activate the turn signal? Or do you have to initiate wheel movement toward the car for it to sound? I can’t seem to get it to make a noise, do I have to actually crash?

Personally I'd only want the noise if I start making a movement as if I've not noticed the car in the blind spot. I really disliked the Nissan implementation where it beeps almost as loudly as the collision alarm as soon as I flick on my turn signal. That quickly trained me to not use the turn signal.

Personally I'd only want the noise if I start making a movement as if I've not noticed the car in the blind spot.
The way it works in the other two cars we have in our garage is perfect, it's a shame Tesla didn't just stick to a proven formula of operation. Little LED's in the side mirror light up when a car is in your blindspot, try to change lanes and the car makes a sound.

From what I understand, the blind spot chime isn't working at the moment.

I only received the update yesterday with this in the release notes so haven’t had a chance to test it yet. I’m not shooting the messenger here but are you really saying the update which contains a new feature, the said new feature doesn’t actually work?? :confused:

I live in Las Vegas and just got 2019.4.2 last night and today I get in the car and the map shows I'm at 3500 Deer Creek Rd. in CA?

So I tried resetting and nope, we still in Cali. Everything else seems to work so far (although I have not yet gone for a drive) but then how would I navigate someplace unfamiliar? I tried inputting a nearby destination and the maps paused a second while calculating all the Supercharger stops I'd have to make. Sure enough, my route starts from Deer Creek all the way to Las Vegas. Even the phone app shows we're still there!

I’m a Wall Street Journal reporter writing a story about how traditional auto makers are trying to catch up to Tesla’s OTA capability. Hoping to talk to a Tesla owner about your experience w/ software updates (specific updates your car has received, how it’s changed the ownership experience for you, etc.). Reachable at: mike dot colias @ wsj dot com Thanks

I’m a Wall Street Journal reporter writing a story about how traditional auto makers are trying to catch up to Tesla’s OTA capability. Hoping to talk to a Tesla owner about your experience w/ software updates (specific updates your car has received, how it’s changed the ownership experience for you, etc.). Reachable at: mike dot colias @ wsj dot com Thanks
Your are a WSJ reporter and you spell out the "." in your email, that explains the quality of articles in the WSJ lately

• Funny
Reactions: P100D_Me
Your are a WSJ reporter and you spell out the "." in your email, that explains the quality of articles in the WSJ lately

He did that so all the Spam Bots don't get his address and fill his inbox with Spam Mail. If you program a Website they generally mask it behind a "Contact" Link for this same reason.
If you think he's that dumb then I challenge you to post your email up here as is... do it, do it