Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.40.1.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my update screen

Attachments

• 30C0DE7C-B8F6-45D8-B577-F6F68A5F55C7.jpeg
    30C0DE7C-B8F6-45D8-B577-F6F68A5F55C7.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Informative
Reactions: Tam and TimeOut
Lane changes happen much faster - fewer blinker clicks between start of signaling and movement of the car. Assertive is a good description. This is a welcomed change IMO.

Have not had the opportunity to see any change in the auto wiper function. Good to see they are using data from manual wiping use to help it learn.

Lane changes happen almost instantly as soon as you engage the turn signal - and it moves you into the lane much faster and with more confidence rather than slowly wandering over.

It’s a dramatic change and feels more like how a human would drive.

• Love
Reactions: PaulJohn
Excellent lane change improvement when on surface roads using AP.
Me: ensure it is safe to change lanes then momentarily press the indicator stalk to tell the car I want to change lanes and whether to the left or right.
Indicator stalk has returned to its neutral position.
Car: immediately activates the appropriate blinker (left or right) and immediately starts changing lanes as if it had predetermined that this was a safe time for making a lane change. Super responsive. Really nice! ❤️

AP now takes tight corners at higher speed than it did with 2019.36.2.1. A bit too high for me. The car no longer slows before entering my favourite test corner. It slows once we’re in the corner. Too little, too late.

We can now set the TACC speed as slow as we like ... all the way down to 0!. It’s great for driving slowly on my dirt road to keep crud off my brakes, wheel wells, and paint.

Haven’t tried the wipers. No rain ... yet. They were already working very nicely with 2019.36.2.1.

Great work Elon and team!

Have you hugged your Tesla today?

One negative I've observed in this latest update is every time I turn the car on the navigation voice has been muted. I go to the navigation window and turn it up again, then If I'm out of the car for awhile and come back the voice has been muted again. I've tried a reboot and still have the issue.

Other than that, the wipers are much improved and lane changes are quick and decisive.

Wish I could be as positive about the update. I have had several lane change attempts where there were no cars around at all. Move the stalk to start the change and the car immediately begins to change lanes and then swerved back into original lane as if there is an obstacle the car is avoiding. Pretty nerve wracking first time I experienced this with the update. Worked much better before this update for me.

Excellent lane change improvement when on surface roads using AP.
Me: ensure it is safe to change lanes then momentarily press the indicator stalk to tell the car I want to change lanes and whether to the left or right.
Indicator stalk has returned to its neutral position.
Car: immediately activates the appropriate blinker (left or right) and immediately starts changing lanes as if it had predetermined that this was a safe time for making a lane change. Super responsive. Really nice! ❤️

AP now takes tight corners at higher speed than it did with 2019.36.2.1. A bit too high for me. The car no longer slows before entering my favourite test corner. It slows once we’re in the corner. Too little, too late.

We can now set the TACC speed as slow as we like ... all the way down to 0!. It’s great for driving slowly on my dirt road to keep crud off my brakes, wheel wells, and paint.

Haven’t tried the wipers. No rain ... yet. They were already working very nicely with 2019.36.2.1.

Great work Elon and team!

Have you hugged your Tesla today?
Great Post!

I don't have the update but going outside for my hug right now

old |v2019.32.12.7|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.32.2.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

Reactions: Pilot7478
I also really like the more swift lane changes since the update. Blinker on and were moving. I didn't hate the previous auto wipers like others have so I've not really paid much attention to their performance. Also I have noticed that the lane choosing of NoA is better than before. Love these OTA updates.

I find that the new wiper activation is about 100x better than the old. Very important in Copenhagen in winter (and spring, summer and fall too), let me tell you...

Haven’t used the lane change as much, but the couple of times I did, it was much more assertive. I’m not really worried about someone passing me as I try to change lanes anymore.

Reactions: Mbrockus
Dirty Tesla’s YouTube channel has one uploaded. Apparently this update breaks the lane change out of passing lane. So your car stays in the lane it is in forever.

My experience too. Once in the passing lane, it never takes you out, even with with somebody right on your tail. It will also invoke a pass on the right, which is very bad, especially if the maneuver involves 18-wheeler. It is a bit faster to change lanes, but the fails far outweigh the improvements IMO. This is the first update I’ve taken, that I wish I could revert. Hopefully it will get corrected soon.