Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2018.50.6 on my 2014 S and 2016 X. Unfortunately no love for AP1. Just romance mode and mobile seat heater controls.

I know you don't want to hear this but the truth of the matter is that Tesla is done with AP1. AP1 is not going to get any autopilot related updates anymore. Tesla broke up with Mobileye which made AP1 autopilot and Tesla is super busy with AP2 and AP3 as they try to roll out "FSD" soon. So AP1 is not going to get anything.

I know you don't want to hear this but the truth of the matter is that Tesla is done with AP1. AP1 is not going to get any autopilot related updates anymore. Tesla broke up with Mobileye which made AP1 autopilot and Tesla is super busy with AP2 and AP3 as they try to roll out "FSD" soon. So AP1 is not going to get anything.

So what does Dog Mode require that AP1 doesn’t support?

Reactions: dark cloud
And that is really sad considering how many AP1 cars are out there.

Yes, it is sad for AP1 owners. But as more and more AP2+ cars continue to be produced and AP1 cars are not being produced anymore, AP1 cars will become an ever shrinking minority. Eventually, AP1 cars will become a tiny fraction of all Tesla cars on the road.

Nothing. It's just that Tesla has apparently dropped support for AP1.

Where does this idea come from?

We were still getting new features last month (control of seat heaters from phone app) on AP1 and Pre-AP Tesla's. Your doom and gloom post above is the only source I've seen that suggests older cars won't continue to get features their hardware can support...

Reactions: JohnnyG
Where does this idea come from?

We were still getting new features last month (control of seat heaters from phone app) on AP1 and Pre-AP Tesla's. Your doom and gloom post above is the only source I've seen that suggests older cars won't continue to get features their hardware can support...

Well, if you read my post, you will note that I was referring to autopilot related updates. I am sure AP1 cars will continue to get quality of life updates.