Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised more people care about sentry mode than AP updates.

Not me. I don't care about sentry mode that much. I would only use it sporadically like if I am parked at a shopping mall or something. But I do care a lot about AP updates. I use AP every single day. I also purchased the FSD option so I am really looking forward to eventually getting new features like traffic light and stop sign recognition and NOA on city streets because those features will make my city driving more convenient.

I have S75D 08/2018 Build. I am on 2018.49.20 as well. Received it on January 25th. I think it’s just a matter of when Tesla marks the car to be eligible for update. I don’t think anything is broken with the car that is causing us to not receive updates.

Can any of you guys who have an S who got 2019.5.x also say when you got your cars and AP/MCU ver if you know it?

I'm still stuck on 2018.49.20; Talked to Tesla at length this week (twice) and they *insist* that this is the 'latest version' for my car.. (S75D, 11/2018 mfr, 12/2018 delivery, AP 2.5 MCU 2.0.)

Also noted in this release are new lane change features. Whether on AP, NOA or neither, when signaling the lane marker and adjacent cars all light up in red. Much easier to see warning in center display. I think I also heard a warning chime, but don't recall if that was on AP or not.

Also noted in this release are new lane change features. Whether on AP, NOA or neither, when signaling the lane marker and adjacent cars all light up in red. Much easier to see warning in center display. I think I also heard a warning chime, but don't recall if that was on AP or not.

Is the blindspots warning loud? Seems like you have to be in a near collision for the chime to go off. A bit risky to test.

I'm on 2019.4.3 with my S100D since 16 days. Before that AP was working fine but since this version AP very often disengages with an alert and trying to resume results in the message "Cruise not available". Very often the display in the cockpit shows no lines and no cars and after a few minutes often AP restores and I can active AP again until soon AP will stop working again. Sometimes it really hangs and AP will not recover. Even rebooting during a drive will not help.

it really is *very* annoying as TACC is not available either and neither is the car displaying the speed limits from the map data.

Any other Tesla owners that have similar issues?

I'm on 2019.4.3 with my S100D since 16 days. Before that AP was working fine but since this version AP very often disengages with an alert and trying to resume results in the message "Cruise not available". Very often the display in the cockpit shows no lines and no cars and after a few minutes often AP restores and I can active AP again until soon AP will stop working again. Sometimes it really hangs and AP will not recover. Even rebooting during a drive will not help.

That sounds like the AP computer is having issues. Rebooting the MCU, or IC, will not do anything to the AP computer. I think you have to let the car go to sleep for the AP computer to shutdown.

I think you have to let the car go to sleep for the AP computer to shutdown.
Car has been to sleep several times but unfortunately it doesn't help. However, sometimes it keeps working for a longer duration but cannot really see a reason for it.

My personal idea is that 2019.4.3 added a little more complex do not overtake at the right lane logic and from what I heard is now using all 3 forward facing cameras. To me it is like it is overheating which results in a hang or a reset.

Can any of you guys who have an S who got 2019.5.x also say when you got your cars and AP/MCU ver if you know it?

I'm still stuck on 2018.49.20; Talked to Tesla at length this week (twice) and they *insist* that this is the 'latest version' for my car.. (S75D, 11/2018 mfr, 12/2018 delivery, AP 2.5 MCU 2.0.)

Haha I was also on 49.2. Decided to jump the gun and bought FSD. My car updated to 5.15 after an hour.

Sep 2018 build

I'll tell you right now you should stay on 49.2. The 2018 versions are terrible with phantom braking on auto pilot. I want to reverse the update! On top of that the back up camera failure went from 3 times a week to 3 times a day. Had to restart the mcu every time.

I just received the 2019.5.15 upgrade. Is there any way to undo it? I HATE the new map display. I cant read anything on it. White on gray is not good contrast for my older eyes. Print is now to small to read. No indication of what roadways are reliably green versus un-monitored (only a faint yellow or red almost too small to see). The Google map feature used be my proudest part of Tesla ownership. Now its one of the worst.

Reactions: Gt1948
One new feature that I like with this update is with NOA and the ability to suppress the lane change alerts if i dont want to change lanes when the car thinks I should. I would find myself not using in the past because of the useless lane change suggestions and no way to tell it i did not want to change lanes.

This is incorrect, ive tried to pass this info on in different threads. You can/could deny the lane change request by doing the turn signal in the opposite direction. You can/could lift the stalk to slightly or full... This is on all previous versions with NOA.

This is incorrect, ive tried to pass this info on in different threads. You can/could deny the lane change request by doing the turn signal in the opposite direction. You can/could lift the stalk to slightly or full... This is on all previous versions with NOA.

Actually, on the new update, whenever a lane change is suggested, you can deny/suspend by tapping on the screen where indicated. I noticed this when on AP the other day after I had updated my software. No need to turn or lift the stalk in anyway.

Is the blindspots warning loud? Seems like you have to be in a near collision for the chime to go off. A bit risky to test.

I have only experienced it once after the software update. The volume is about the same as the warning chime that you get when there is a complete stop/slow down ahead of you. I think the chime happens when you signal to turn (still in your own lane) and there is a car in your blind spot. I haven't tried turning without signaling first. I hope this answers your questions.

Actually, on the new update, whenever a lane change is suggested, you can deny/suspend by tapping on the screen where indicated. I noticed this when on AP the other day after I had updated my software. No need to turn or lift the stalk in anyway.

My comment was to let folks know that on the old software you could deny the suggestion with the blinker stalk. Sorry if that wasnt clear.

I have only experienced it once after the software update. The volume is about the same as the warning chime that you get when there is a complete stop/slow down ahead of you. I think the chime happens when you signal to turn (still in your own lane) and there is a car in your blind spot. I hope this answers your questions.

Interesting. That's what I was hoping but I don't get a chime. The blind spot chime setting indicates it'll only chime in a near collision. I recall using my signal the other day with a car in my blindspot but it never chimed. I'll test it again later on my way home.