Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Autolane change was very smooth with this 8.5 update. Few times my car waited even tho it had the blinkers on did not change lane as another car was coming very fast on the adjacent lane. Also, one has to hold the steering wheel and I had to take the picture very quickly as it was alerting me. Sorry-it seems in my earlier post the images may have been uploaded multiple times due to some glitch.
IMG_20190404_205328.jpg IMG_20190404_203802.jpg IMG_20190404_203654.jpg

Reactions: Gt1948
Remember the saying "verify then trust" or something to that affect? Downloaded and installed new update and went for a drive. Set for auto lane change with vibration of steering wheel, chime and visual notification, speed based average, enable at start, require lane change confirmation "no". First, halfway through a green light, it slammed on the brakes? Second, during an auto lane change it pulls right in front of another car going 10 miles faster and during turn off on an exit it pulls right in front of another car exiting directly behind me. There is more, but I am going to have a drink first. A few bugs to work out and more driver training required.

Which is why I finally resorted to using this frame with this plate. Now an update is no longer a menace and I laugh in the face of danger.NO DRVR.jpeg .

Yes a nice implementation. You get a vibrate/chime, then 2 seconds later the car blinks and 2 seconds after that it starts moving. So basically a 3-4 second window where if you don't like a particular lane change you can hit the blue button and seamlessly switch from NoA to regular lanekeeping Autopilot. Also, the car came to a complete stop at the end of my usual off ramp, right in front of the line by the stop sign.

Will get in a longer trip this weekend (Reno to Salinas and back). During previous NoA road trips to the Northwest I was getting a lot of lane-change cancelations, and some of them were freaking out other drivers. It seems like the lane change algorithm has been improved (slower but more sure-footed now), so I'm hopeful those days are gone!

• Informative
Reactions: bhakan and conman
I actually don’t have tickets. Going to see daughter, son in law and grandson. The son in law is stationed at Fort Gordon. We made the trip last year for our first Tesla road trip and loved it. Looking forward to this one even more.
Aha, Augusta next week thought you were going to the Masters. Have a great road trip and enjoy your time with your family.

I got the update on my 3 last night and tried NOA today. Works as advertised and I guess it’s progress. Still noticed the same annoying stuff though, especially the sudden, bizarre decelerations. OP is spot on. This is not a system for an inattentive driver.

Wonderful, just updated from 8.3 to 8.5. The phantom micro braking is pretty annoying, and hope that’s been resolved. I’m less interested in auto lane change on NOA without confirmation. However, I welcome ability to turn off chime notification.

Is the first time I see it. I had the P85+ and P85D and that was no there.

And was not present until the software upgrade was completed. This is for the new car (P100d)

Thanks for the info.
The LED eyebrows on my 2018 usually glow a bit in complete darkness. Not so on my 2013. I read on Tesla forum that the new LEDs can retain small charge when off, leading to the glow.

• Helpful
Reactions: scmpj