Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the update moving from 2018.50.6 to the 2019.8.3 and after it updated like others mentioned, no release note PLUS now I have an error when I put it into "D" I get the error "Blindspot Detection Limited Visibility..." with the yellow warning triangle. So no cars display to the sides of me.

I've wiped the lens of the side repeater cameras and even the B pillars but to no avail.

Anyone else having issues? (Car is 2016.5 Facelift 75D with AP2.0 and MCU 1; October 2016 build).

I first got that feature a week ago in 8.2, and carried into 8.3 this morning. Not sure that is an error, vs just a warning? I have a red warning and a red circle on the top menu when I put the car into R when starting out of the garage, because of the narrow clearances while in the garage. After I back the car out of the garage and the sensors have a clear field of view, the red items disappear.

Do you have any nearby obstacles where you're parked?

• Funny
Reactions: mkc731 and outdoors
My car is currently in a service center getting drive unit replaced, but I got a notification on my Tesla app this morning that an update was ready to be installed. I got a notification a few minutes later that the update was successfully installed. I figured it was the update everyone here was talking about, but my app still says my car is on 2018.50.6, which it was already....not sure what else they could have updated.

Is the new version showing up in the app for folks after they've updated?

I first got that feature a week ago in 8.2, and carried into 8.3 this morning. Not sure that is an error, vs just a warning? I have a red warning and a red circle on the top menu when I put the car into R when starting out of the garage, because of the narrow clearances while in the garage. After I back the car out of the garage and the sensors have a clear field of view, the red items disappear.

My car is Model S 75D Dec 2016 facelift with AP 2.0 and I installed the update 2019.8.3 today. Previously, I was at 2018.50.6.
Since the update I am seeing the 'Blindspot Detection Limited Visibility' error as well. I have not tried to clean the camera area yet. But this error started popping up only after the update today.

When in Park, no error messages.

Put foot on brake, shift to Drive: Yellow Exclamation on Instrument Panel/Gauge cluster stating "Blindspot Detection Limited, Camera Visibility Reduced". On the MCU screen, there's a red ! mark in a circle. If clicked, it states the same thing but with a Red Triangle.

I had no error messages this morning on the drive into work. Decided to have the car update while sitting in the parking lot, and boom, no more blindspot car images and a warning message on MCU and IP displays.

I have a service appointment tentatively booked since I'm passing on on a roadtrip and hoping this might be a quick fix.
ErrorMessages.png

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP
When in Park, no error messages.

Put foot on brake, shift to Drive: Yellow Exclamation on Instrument Panel/Gauge cluster stating "Blindspot Detection Limited, Camera Visibility Reduced". On the MCU screen, there's a red ! mark in a circle. If clicked, it states the same thing but with a Red Triangle.

I had no error messages this morning on the drive into work. Decided to have the car update while sitting in the parking lot, and boom, no more blindspot car images and a warning message on MCU and IP displays.

I have a service appointment tentatively booked since I'm passing on on a roadtrip and hoping this might be a quick fix.View attachment 390902

I get all those when shifting out of P in my garage. I don't think I've been getting them when shifting to R or D when out around town in parking lots or spaces. In my case, I had assumed mine were just reacting to the proximity of stuff (within 12" of the sensors) in my crowded garage

Reactions: mkc731 and Gt1948
Yesterday I was on 2018.49.20. Had a service appointment. The SC got it updated to 2019.5.15. I updated on the app remotely after they were done with the car. When I picked the car up, it had another update. I ran that when I got home hoping it was 2019.8.3, but it was still 2019.5.15. However, this AM, I had yet another update, and it got me to 2019.8.3.

Tested Sentry Mode today to a certain extent (without setting it fully off). Seems to have recorded a bunch when in a parking lot today, but the right repeater camera saved a lot of corrupted video to the thumb drive (though it saves perfectly fine videos while driving). The corrupted files show 0kb in size. The left and right repeater cameras have a lot of artifacts and jitters when they do record in Sentry Mode. Front camera seems to record fine. Hopefully will be fixed in future versions.

For reference, the car is a May 2018 build AP2.5/MCU2 75D.

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948
My car is Model S 75D Dec 2016 facelift with AP 2.0 and I installed the update 2019.8.3 today. Previously, I was at 2018.50.6.
Since the update I am seeing the 'Blindspot Detection Limited Visibility' error as well. I have not tried to clean the camera area yet. But this error started popping up only after the update today.

This sucks badly. I've done the 60.000km service today and according to the SC, my car has the latest update available. 2018.50.6, being an AP2, April 2017 car.... Come on!

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
My car is currently in a service center getting drive unit replaced, but I got a notification on my Tesla app this morning that an update was ready to be installed. I got a notification a few minutes later that the update was successfully installed. I figured it was the update everyone here was talking about, but my app still says my car is on 2018.50.6, which it was already....not sure what else they could have updated.

Is the new version showing up in the app for folks after they've updated?
Same thing happened to me, car was in service Monday, pickup on Tuesday (yesterday) and while on my drive to center it said update available, so i updated but it was still the same firmware when i checked after update, Model S 100D 2018 MCU1. Service center said yesterday that 2018.50 was the highest available for my VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
This is what the online support chat person told me "The vin number shows that you have the current firmware, however, I have reset the communication to your vehicle so you can receive Sentry Mode/New updates. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?"

so i guess i should be receiving it soon lol

Received 2019.8.3 today. UK on HW2.5 and MCU1.

I was on 2019.5.14 and the main difference is Sentry Mode is now available. Nothing else new in release notes but am keen to do some drives to find out if there is any improvement with the awful phantom breaking and hesitation in 5.14 they I had. Won’t know until Monday when I do a long drive but am really hoping it’s better.

Since you have HW2.5 and MCU1, do you also have Dashcam or only Sentry Mode?

This sucks badly. I've done the 60.000km service today and according to the SC, my car has the latest update available. 2018.50.6, being an AP2, April 2017 car.... Come on!
I have about the same build date and AP hardware, I am also on 2018.50.6 but reading this thread I'm fine with that because it looks like in true to form the latest update introduces some wonderful new issues owners have to deal with. :rolleyes:

Took my first commute today with 2019.8.3. I came from 2018.50.6. AP felt MUCH more confident. NoA seemed much more confident, as well. I tested the red light running detection, and it worked. The NoA suggested lane changes seemed much quicker and more assure of itself. I did like the turn signal lane changing where you can just hit it and AP takes it the rest of the way. That was good. Had no need to check out the location-based mirrors (although I verified it was there), nor did I really care so much about dog mode.

Overall, a very nice update.

Took my first commute today with 2019.8.3. I came from 2018.50.6. AP felt MUCH more confident. NoA seemed much more confident, as well. I tested the red light running detection, and it worked. The NoA suggested lane changes seemed much quicker and more assure of itself. I did like the turn signal lane changing where you can just hit it and AP takes it the rest of the way. That was good. Had no need to check out the location-based mirrors (although I verified it was there), nor did I really care so much about dog mode.

Overall, a very nice update.
Hit what? I heard if you squeeze the wheel it will confirm. ???? Also you can just hit the AP lever and it will confirm since last update

Hit what? I heard if you squeeze the wheel it will confirm. ???? Also you can just hit the AP lever and it will confirm since last update

Yes, hit the AP lever, but what I was referring to is to auto lane change you can bump the turn signal (not enough to let it catch) and it will complete the lane change. You can also turn the turn signal on and off right away and it will continue the lane change and then turn off the blinking.