Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 19.8.5 3aaa23d tonight around 5 and it was done within 20 minutes. AP2/ MCU1. Haven’t had an update in probably 2 months. Release notes were blank today and no sign of doggo mode nor red light detection.

Release notes show up for most people eventually if you leave the screen up for a minute or two.

You can check for dog mode by pulling the climate controls up - you should see an additional option called “dog” under the “keep climate control on” section.

Just updated from 2019.8.4 to 8.5 last night. The update was advertised ready for install about an hour after I got home from work (so around 5pm EST).

Excited to get a chance to try the no confirm Noa today. As far as what's next, are we just jumping to 2019.12 next since .9 was an EAP release?

Should have gotten the new “improved” NN even if you don’t have NoA yet.
Got 2018.8.5 on my X AP2.5 today. Unfortunately no NoA in Norway yet for S/X (apparently only 3 got "regulatory approved" :rolleyes:).

But I did notice subtle differences in the NN. Can't point my finger on exactly what changed, but overall the AP feels very confident. Can't wait for NoA.

Has anyone had their screens rebooted after receiving 8.5? It just happened to my wife while driving my S into Boston for work. Didn't affect the cars ability to drive but I've only received 8.5 Friday morning and did do a 2 scroll wheel reboot as I saw an issue with using the browser.

Updated from 2018.50.6(received mid Feb 2019) to 2019.8.5 yesterday on a MS100D EAP2 MCU1 release notes said red traffic lights detect, more Nav on AP, and dog mode.
This morning NAV came on by itself, had to cancel and clear the history.
800 mi road trip this weekend we will see how it handles Red Lights, NAVONAP , Supercharging and CAT MODE .

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
88111478-271C-4770-AEF6-6AA7A567456A.jpeg 55223DE9-5028-43B5-994A-BEFE598C6551.jpeg View attachment 395243 55223DE9-5028-43B5-994A-BEFE598C6551.jpeg Updated from 50.6 to 8.5. MCU1 EAP2.0
Here is and image of me trying to choose the option of “no lane change confirmation” on NoA. It’s not keeping the choice I made and has a small statement about cameras calibrating at 0%. Anyone else have this happen?

I confirm that summon on 2018.12 is still as useful as a chocolate teacup.
It failed to get over the sub-1" lip into my garage again:View attachment 395034 View attachment 395035

Does it try to steel the front wheel and tries to get up the lip (usually it's the front wheel that's trouble getting up) ? My S sometimes makes it up the 1" lip, but the scariest part is if the wheel is not straight after it overcome the lip - it will hit something ! Sometimes it works, but success rate is around 20%. If I use the front to get in first, it has higher rate of success, not sure whether it is because mine is RWD only and I usually back in the garage for easier reach of the charge cable.

Last edited:
It does not occur just when signaling and adjacent cars turn red. You have to be moving across the line to the extent the sensors believe contact is possible, at which point the chime provides an extra alert. The chime occurs regardless of whether AP is active or not.
I concur with this...I tried it out last night after getting the upgrade and while the car beside me turned red, I did not get a "chime" until I started to move towards the car.

This is totally different than any other car I have driven with blind spot detection. First it happens immediately. If I put my signal on and there is a car there, it alerts me with a light in the mirror and a chime instantly, second, you can actually hear the chime. The chime in my S is anemic at best, and (IMHO) the system as it is set up is pretty worthless overall.

When I am getting ready to change lanes, I am looking at my mirror, not at my dashboard. For a tech company, Tesla didn't think this one out very well (again IMHO). They should install indicators in the mirrors and make the chime much louder to grab your attention.

Reactions: am_dmd