Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, confirmed this is some NEW interaction with the garage door opener, which has had no changes to it, ever, and no car programming changes since we got the 3 in October.

I open the door using the hard button, and walk by the X, and it flashes, sorta like Sentry is running (camera interaction?). But nothing on screen, doors aren't unlocked (not that they should be), and it goes back to sleep. No LED bulbs, nothing except car now has 2019.8.5.

Doesn't actually seem to be any interaction with the Model 3, as I did this today when it was out.

Anyone seen anything like this before I step in to the morass of calling Tesla? (They can't even fix the fact that the map on the app isn't current any longer (location is correct, map isn't).)

That’s interesting. My MS woke up and flashed its lights last night while my wife and I walked past it, but on the outside of the garage.
I didn’t have my fob on me, and there was no one else in the garage.

I wants into the garage after my wife mentioned the flashing lights and the sentry message and Hal image were displayed on the screen.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva and Gt1948
Yup, but to add that it automatically also schedules a service appointment at a service center which might confuse some people.

Yep, but when they actually look at it, they kick off the update remotely and then they remove the service appointment.

I just did this with my car. I also put in the notes that I am requesting them to push it and my car is connected to wifi.

That’s interesting. My MS woke up and flashed its lights last night while my wife and I walked past it, but on the outside of the garage.
I didn’t have my fob on me, and there was no one else in the garage.

I wants into the garage after my wife mentioned the flashing lights and the sentry message and Hal image were displayed on the screen.

To which the Tesla replies ……..
I am completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly.
Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question.
I know everything hasn't been quite right with me, but I can assure you now, very confidently, that it's going to be all right again. I feel much better now. I really do.

Yep, but when they actually look at it, they kick off the update remotely and then they remove the service appointment.
I just did this with my car. I also put in the notes that I am requesting them to push it and my car is connected to wifi.
That's good to know for people. I guess this is a nice short term solution until folks get the ability to request an update from the car when available.

8.5 here.... Just got my car back 2 days ago after a month being in the shop and I had to stop using the unconfirmed-NOA because it was pretty unsafe. It was too jerky and was not very sure of itself when changing lanes. The regular auto pilot works fine tho so I'll stick to that.

My IC and MCU also had this glitch where it was flashing multiple square boxes and was not working properly. The scroll wheel reset fixed it tho.

Has anyone on .5 (or any other version I suppose) had issues with the no-confirmation NoA lane change settings not being remembered? Every morning I go back out to the car and “require confirmation for lane changes” is set back to yes despite me changing it to no the prior day.

I had the issue. One thing I discovered is that those settings appear to be tied to the driver profile. So if you set them in one profile and then shift to another profile, it reverts to NOA off, confirmation required, chime off. Put your car in the profile you drive in (vice easy entry or something else. The go to SP settings and select everything you want. Really odd but it appears those settings (unlike many others) are unique to the profile just like seat, steering wheel and mirror selections. Guess it makes sense but it threw me and I couldn't figure out why I would always find that my lane change selection rolled back to "require confirmation" and of course you can't change that selection with the car in gear...

Drove 70 miles this morning with 2019.8.5 and it was great, only had 1 time of phantom breaking but apart from that was awesome.

However, this afternoon I drove 70 miles home and it was awful. Kangarooing, phantom breaking everywhere, distance from car in front all over the place (I normally stick with setting 3) it got to the point I had to keep turning it off as wasn’t confident with it. Keep retrying and just kept playing up.

Doesn’t make sense how different it can be on the drive. Same roads just opposite direction :)
I was just on this post earlier this week saying how happy I was with the new update (8.5)
BUT
I must agree. After more drives to and from work this week, it seems to be worse. So bad this morning I just got mad and turned it off. In last couple days alone it has been missing a turn to next hwy, damn near changed lanes into a truck( I have never seen it do this) and the constant on and off the accelerator is driving me crazy. I love my Car and use AP almost every drive. But sometimes it’s frustrating and I end up turning off after it is going 45 in a 65 and some car is riding my ass wondering what I’m doing.
I’m excited to someday see FSD but man I just don’t see it being right around the corner. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: Gt1948
In my AP2.5/MCU1 on 19.8.5, I have noticed that if I diverge from the route shown on my navigation, the main (center) screen route does not update with a new route (car location is accurate, but the route steps and blue highlighted route remain stuck), but the dash screen does show a new route; somehow, the nav software is recalculating, but it’s only updating the dash screen map, not the main screen map. If I cancel the navigation and start a new route, it properly shows the updated route to the new destination on the main screen (though if I again diverge, the main screen fails to update). This has been unresolved after several reboots of both the main screen (scroll wheels) and the dash screen (top buttons). Anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I (finally!) just got 8.5 and it seems way smoother than 2018.50.6 to me but I guess I need to drive it more.

Haven't had any phantom braking on my drive to work this morning at all.
I've had some sensational phantom braking with 8.5, though mostly less often than 50.6. In the worst case it almost came to a complete stop in a freeway underground tunnel. It seemed to be at the bottom where the incline changed.