Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are wasting your time unfortunately. I tried this as well, set the appt, then got a call from the service center a day later explaining that my car already has the latest version for it and when the newest firmware is available for it, it will be automatically pushed to the car and to make sure I stay connected to WiFi.

My car is on 2018.50.6.
Same experience (and current version) for me.

OMG, It’s going to take 50 years for your car to reach you, lol
Kinda expected it to be slower tbh. I don't think they will launch Ludicrous Summon just yet, safe to start slow when a bunch of people are going to summon Tesla's over parking lots all over the world. Takes just one incident to cause a major PR trouble for Tesla.

For Model S and Model X, 2018.50.6 is the most recent GA version. All of the other versions newer than that are still with Early Access Program participants, and even that not all EAP participants get every single one.
That is not a correct statement. I'm certainly not in the EAP and my X has gotten these updates recently (according to teslafi):

2019.5.16 d9aba5e 03/12/2019 7:16 AM
2018.50.7 187f881 02/15/2019 7:16 AM

My S (AP2/MCU1) is still on 2018.50.6.

I am AP2.0 but I just wanted to push the issue of running a 3 month old software version. Since there have been so many "enhancements" since then.

On Teslafi version 2018.50.6 is definitely a little long in the tooth.
I visited my service center today to have the Bio defense mode installed. My hope was they could get me something newer than 2018.50.6, but they say no way. They enabled the button and sent me on my way.

Reactions: Gt1948
Early Access is not "Priority Access to Vehicle Software Update" though. :/
It can be beta features that you test, which a select group of the Early Access members get, and is later retracted.
EAP = Beta testers now?, well they are doing a terrible job reporting back issues or the reported issues are being ignored before they move to general releases. All the issues I've run in to with general software releases I find within 5 mins of driving the car after an update.

EAP = Beta testers now?, well they are doing a terrible job reporting back issues or the reported issues are being ignored before they move to general releases. All the issues I've run in to with general software releases I find within 5 mins of driving the car after an update.

Well, I personally know one EAP user, and he says he never gets invited to test anything ,and he even gets the general releases late... So it might be that.

• Informative
Reactions: P100D_Me
Looks like Early Access Program owners are posting Enhanced Summon vids presumably from 2019.9 software -

I think these videos clearly prove that Elon was telling the truth when he said that Tesla would demonstrate an autonomous coast to coast drive in 2016. It's just that it takes much longer than anticipated to cross the country when you're limited to a max speed of two miles per hour.

It's now also vital that the fleet gets 360 degree sentry mode, so that owners can use the footage to prove that the poor sap stuck behind them in the parking lot intentionally damaged their car.

Holy cow, when did this show up?
View attachment 388766

You guys are wasting your time unfortunately. I tried this as well, set the appt, then got a call from the service center a day later explaining that my car already has the latest version for it and when the newest firmware is available for it, it will be automatically pushed to the car and to make sure I stay connected to WiFi.

My car is on 2018.50.6.

I tried this method and it worked for me. I picked a scheduled appointment for 2 weeks out. The next morning my car said it had an update available. I went from 2018.5 to 2019.5.15.

So like usual, works for some, but not others......

I say dont spread this info. The less people know the better we can get the updates faster.. haha

I tried this method and it worked for me. I picked a scheduled appointment for 2 weeks out. The next morning my car said it had an update available. I went from 2018.5 to 2019.5.15.

So like usual, works for some, but not others......

I say dont spread this info. The less people know the better we can get the updates faster.. haha

Or, its a coincidence. :p

Reactions: Gt1948 and croman
Do you have a link or pictures of this change?

Edit: Found it -

NRxKW1R.jpg
What is the slider below the speed display? Why does the dot disappear and / or change colors?

I visited my service center today to have the Bio defense mode installed. My hope was they could get me something newer than 2018.50.6, but they say no way. They enabled the button and sent me on my way.
Interesting, I just had a flat fixed at the service center and they pushed 2019.5.15 without me even asking. I was on 2018.3x as I don’t have WiFi where I park.