Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2020.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed this update now. 2020.12 has same release notes as 2020.8.1. Nothing new.
IMG_20200313_150520.jpg

I’m on top of a mountain with 1 bar WiFi going into a very very slow DSL line. Decided to stay in the car and watch progress of this update. So far it has shown:

1) Updating autopilot (quite a while for this)
2) Updating Electronic control units (lot of loud bangs during this)...taking quite a while for this also...music just came back on so guess the wait is almost over.

yep, went to finishing update. Was just thinking I’m not in good spot to get hauled away if it bricked :)

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
I’m on top of a mountain with 1 bar WiFi going into a very very slow DSL line. Decided to stay in the car and watch progress of this update. So far it has shown:

1) Updating autopilot (quite a while for this)
2) Updating Electronic control units (lot of loud bangs during this)...taking quite a while for this also...music just came back on so guess the wait is almost over.

yep, went to finishing update. Was just thinking I’m not in good spot to get hauled away if it bricked :)
In case you did not know, once update is downloaded and you are prompted to install, the car does not need WiFi or data connection anymore. Not much risks really.:)

• Helpful
Reactions: Pegann
In case you did not know, once update is downloaded and you are prompted to install, the car does not need WiFi or data connection anymore. Not much risks really.:)
Odd, first time I tried the install it said something about failed, no connection. Reset my extension router and it started ok the next time. Maybe just an odd glitch or something needed to finish downloading.

On March 10 I updated to 2020.8.1 and it was 963mb download. Today I got 2020.12 and it was 963 mb download. Seems like most of the updates last year have been in the 500mb range. Maybe this will be the new average size.

No changes noted with 2020.12

Last edited:
It's not installing for me on my late 2015 Model S. Neither the phone app nor the actual in-car installation. It counts down the 2 minutes, and then nothing. Acts as if it didn't even try to install it. Anyone else seeing this?

this happened to me as well last night, but finally it’s installing now this morning. At 60%. Model s 2016.5

good luck!