Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2020.32.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contains the following:
IMG_7914.jpg
IMG_7915.jpg

So in other words, nothing really new. The above was also in the last update. They need to be more clear about what is actually new in each update.
I downloaded it earlier today as well. It’s basically small fixes to the previous 32.2.
Other threads have discussed how easy it is to get locked out of your car with your cell phone inside the locked car. This has happened to me when I didn’t have my key card handy. That’s why when I hop out of the car momentarily I always roll down the driver window. That’s also why I am not opting for the “close windows on lock” feature.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
So in other words, nothing really new. The above was also in the last update. They need to be more clear about what is actually new in each update.
I understand where your coming from but for owners upgrading from an older version there certainly is new functionality. Nice to see someone else from a "Boston Suburb":)

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I downloaded it earlier today as well. It’s basically small fixes to the previous 32.2.
Other threads have discussed how easy it is to get locked out of your car with your cell phone inside the locked car. This has happened to me when I didn’t have my key card handy. That’s why when I hop out of the car momentarily I always roll down the driver window. That’s also why I am not opting for the “close windows on lock” feature.

How do you get locked out with cell in the car? Won't the car stay on as long as the key is within the geofence?

Reactions: psuKinger
I like the “close windows on lock” when you have passengers, as you cannot always notice if all the windows are up on the passengers side.
Also, when exiting the car I sometime hit accidentally one of the widows buttons, especially if I cannot open widely the driver door.

Note: I know that you can remotely 'Vent' (crack all the windows for about one inch) or 'Close' all the windows, however
I wonder however if this feature can be disabled automatically when you park at home, otherwise you will need to keep
one of the doors not completely close so you can keep a windows down if needed.

How do you get locked out with cell in the car? Won't the car stay on as long as the key is within the geofence?
It defies logic but it does lock on its own with the phone inside the car. I simply jumped out to run to the mailbox and I was locked out. And since my key card was conveniently located in a slot behind my cell phone with my CC’s I was doubly locked out . I borrowed a phone, called my wife and asked her to unlock the car with her app. Do a search on this site and you will find dozens who had it happen to them.

It defies logic but it does lock on its own with the phone inside the car. I simply jumped out to run to the mailbox and I was locked out. And since my key card was conveniently located in a slot behind my cell phone with my CC’s I was doubly locked out . I borrowed a phone, called my wife and asked her to unlock the car with her app. Do a search on this site and you will find dozens who had it happen to them.

I didn't realize this was even a possibility. That is such a silly design flaw.

32.3 as of yesterday. Car does not slow down enough around curves while on TACC/AP. I use TACC/AP pretty much all the time. I use TACC on my road, it has two pretty sharp curves in it, TACC used to slow down appropriately for the curve, now I have to hit the brakes. Some other twisty roads, while on AutoSteer, it will handle the curves, but barge through them, feels waaaay to fast. They need to make the car slow down before the curve, and accelerate out of it like a human would.

This is not Tesla's fault - at least not directly. The car needs to be able to recognise the phone through Bluetooth. If that Bluetooth connection is lost then the car will lock. This could be a consequence of the phone doing an update or going into a sleep mode which disrupts the Bluetooth connection. It could also be a temporary issue between the Tesla phone app and your phone environment: I've had to kill and restart the app before now in order to be able to get into the car from outside, but it's very rare.

Where you might blame Tesla is using a phone as a key. But you would have known about that before you bought the car!