Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2020.32.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, it's showing up transparent. I tried rebooting yesterday but that didn't fix it. I don't know what changed but at least it is working today.
View attachment 580842
Just tried it again in Park and Reverse and it was opaque both times. Definitely buggy.

Attachments

• 2020-08-26 (2).jpg
    2020-08-26 (2).jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 2020-08-26 (1).jpg
    2020-08-26 (1).jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 93
This is not Tesla's fault - at least not directly. The car needs to be able to recognise the phone through Bluetooth. If that Bluetooth connection is lost then the car will lock. This could be a consequence of the phone doing an update or going into a sleep mode which disrupts the Bluetooth connection. It could also be a temporary issue between the Tesla phone app and your phone environment: I've had to kill and restart the app before now in order to be able to get into the car from outside, but it's very rare.

Where you might blame Tesla is using a phone as a key. But you would have known about that before you bought the car!
Agreed that the phone app is not a magic pill. I’ve had other similar issues like the ones you described. I don’t have to kill the phone and restart it. But a couple times each week I have to either wake up my phone or open the app in order for it to be recognized so I can unlock the car. I ditched my wallet years ago and only carry a phone, one CC & my driver license. So I don’t want to carry a key fob.

Reactions: Prdmommyof3
It defies logic but it does lock on its own with the phone inside the car. I simply jumped out to run to the mailbox and I was locked out. And since my key card was conveniently located in a slot behind my cell phone with my CC’s I was doubly locked out . I borrowed a phone, called my wife and asked her to unlock the car with her app. Do a search on this site and you will find dozens who had it happen to them.
Thanks for the info. How does one get the side cameras to show then? is there a setting somewhere?

32.3 as of yesterday. Car does not slow down enough around curves while on TACC/AP. I use TACC/AP pretty much all the time. I use TACC on my road, it has two pretty sharp curves in it, TACC used to slow down appropriately for the curve, now I have to hit the brakes. Some other twisty roads, while on AutoSteer, it will handle the curves, but barge through them, feels waaaay to fast. They need to make the car slow down before the curve, and accelerate out of it like a human would.
Not this human. Glad they did away with the artificially slow braking on curvy, secondary roads. I HATED using TACC/AS because of that and you still need to pay attention/drive the car. We aren't to FSD yet.

SS

Hmm. My side cameras are always on while in reverse or when I press the camera on the screen under the car visualization. I didn't know you can swipe display it not to display. I'll have to try that.
I was just quoting from the software update notes from several versions ago. I do remember swiping to activate the side cameras for the first time and they’ve been on for several weeks. But I never actually tried to turn them off by swiping again. I’ll try later today as well.

Having just done a very successful, incident-free drive to Switzerland and back, I updated to 2020.32.3 last week and then had two alarming autopilot incidents on a very familiar U.K. trip.

First, driving in the middle lane at exactly 70mph, the M3 slammed on the brakes whilst passing a huge HGV even though I saw no indication or movement from the lorry. It nearly gave me whiplash.

Second, it indicated and started to pull off at a motorway junction/exit that was not on the route, so I had to intervene and wrench it back onto the near side lane.

These two incidents have slightly shaken my faith in self drive despite of having worked beautifully through France, Germany and Switzerland (and for the past year).

I’m currently in the process of downloading yet another update notified only a week after the last, apparently for navigation purposes. And I’m hoping this is a bug fix for whatever caused this brilliant machine to behave so erratically last night.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with 2030.32.3?

Anyone experience lag between disengaging autopilot and the disengagement chime on this version? On one drive it would take up to ~1 second for the chime to sound. I rebooted the computer and the lag seemed to improve, but it's lagging noticeably again..

Agreed that the phone app is not a magic pill. I’ve had other similar issues like the ones you described. I don’t have to kill the phone and restart it. But a couple times each week I have to either wake up my phone or open the app in order for it to be recognized so I can unlock the car. I ditched my wallet years ago and only carry a phone, one CC & my driver license. So I don’t want to carry a key fob.

1) When i bought the car the app worked flawlessly, then i updated it on iphone and noticed sometimes the car wouldn't open when i stood beside it (July 2020 (Sep 2018 version Model 3), the app version was just before 3.10
2) Newest app update, i have to pull my phone out of my pocket for the doors to unlock (slightly more frequently than before)
3) I ditched my fat boy wallet. Now i have a nice leather card fold.. Health Card, Drivers License, CC. Totally looked forward to buying the tesla to ditch fobs for the rest of my life.
I put up with the tesla app not always communicating, because, its better than a fob