Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2020.36.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems some updates may follow updates from Apple or Android.
The car is linked with our phones pretty well, so if software changes from Apple or Android will have an impact, Tesla may need a quick update to adapt in some cases.
Just a theory, but seems like a pattern.

HW2.5 with standard AP; got super excited when upgraded to 36.11 from 32.3 yesterday. Then I found that the only thing that showed up in my release notes had to do with setting speed limit for AP by touching the speedometer. *Yawn*

I have to say that for my configuration, the software updates have been lackluster in the past 6 months. When can I see another hp/torque boost like done back in early 2019, Elon?

HW2.5 with standard AP; got super excited when upgraded to 36.11 from 32.3 yesterday. Then I found that the only thing that showed up in my release notes had to do with setting speed limit for AP by touching the speedometer. *Yawn*

I have to say that for my configuration, the software updates have been lackluster in the past 6 months. When can I see another hp/torque boost like done back in early 2019, Elon?

Likely never?

The LR AWD has a paid boost available, otherwise current HW is likely done getting free power upgrades.

If you want more driving features you'll need to go to HW3, which requires paying for FSD.... (well, I guess now you also have the option for EAP, which will give you several more driving features, just not the newest ones, and none of the new visualizations that all require the new computer)

Seems some updates may follow updates from Apple or Android.
The car is linked with our phones pretty well, so if software changes from Apple or Android will have an impact, Tesla may need a quick update to adapt in some cases.
Just a theory, but seems like a pattern.
Phone app updates might be linked to phone OS updates, but car updates, I wouldn't think so.