Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2020.44.10.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of days ago I went to the park and as I walked away from my car I noticed that the drivers window didn't close completely. I opened the door and rolled it up all the way but it was really acting funny. When I came back an hour later I noticed that my drivers window was partially rolled down.

At first I panicked and thought that someone had broken into my car, but then I realized that it just rolled itself down at some point. I don't remember getting an "alert" on my phone about the window but later that night I did see a notice from the Tesla app saying that a window was down.

This has never happened to me before (or since) but it makes me a bit nervous. I really, really love the "walk away and the car takes care of itself" feature of my Tesla, but this incident has me rethinking that stance.

Was there a problem with 2020.44.10 that this release corrected? Has anyone else had window/lock problems with the previous release?

So does the car changes speeds automatically to match the speed limit now? That never worked for me and I’m in Hawaii and can’t do a test run.

Fred
My experience is the car will automatically change speed up to the speed you engaged FSD at. If you engage at 60 it will adjust for all speeds under 60 and back up to 60 but not higher. I believe this is just a safety issue. Likewise if you engage FSD at 45 it will adjust lower as you move through slower speed limits but not adjust over 45 until you re-engage at a higher speed.

My experience is the car will automatically change speed up to the speed you engaged FSD at. If you engage at 60 it will adjust for all speeds under 60 and back up to 60 but not higher. I believe this is just a safety issue. Likewise if you engage FSD at 45 it will adjust lower as you move through slower speed limits but not adjust over 45 until you re-engage at a higher speed.
Nope, if you're doing 50mph on a motorway and then engage it takes you back up to 70mph - even if the speed limit is 50 due to road works. Sign detect doesn't work on motorways. At least, not in UK and running 2020.44.10.1

Nope, if you're doing 50mph on a motorway and then engage it takes you back up to 70mph - even if the speed limit is 50 due to road works. Sign detect doesn't work on motorways. At least, not in UK and running 2020.44.10.1

Starting a few versions back (and definitely in 2020.44.10.1) highway speed limits are recognized. I am not sure about motorways though...
Do NOT use the AP in construction zones especially if you feel uncomfortable watching and adjusting it. Per Tesla's manual:
"Do not use Autosteer on city streets, in construction zones, or in areas where bicyclists or pedestrians may be present."

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78
A couple of days ago I went to the park and as I walked away from my car I noticed that the drivers window didn't close completely. I opened the door and rolled it up all the way but it was really acting funny. When I came back an hour later I noticed that my drivers window was partially rolled down.

At first I panicked and thought that someone had broken into my car, but then I realized that it just rolled itself down at some point. I don't remember getting an "alert" on my phone about the window but later that night I did see a notice from the Tesla app saying that a window was down.

This has never happened to me before (or since) but it makes me a bit nervous. I really, really love the "walk away and the car takes care of itself" feature of my Tesla, but this incident has me rethinking that stance.

Was there a problem with 2020.44.10 that this release corrected? Has anyone else had window/lock problems with the previous release?
Had this awhile back a few versions ago, rebooted system and it went away

At 2:58, it ran the stop sign. What's up with that?

It's called a "California Stop". ;)

I was hitch-hiking in Mexico years ago and two young Mexican guys in a VW Rabbit who were on vacation from Mexico City picked me up and gave me a ride for a couple of hours. In small towns he would just run all the stop signs. I asked him if he wasn't worried about getting a ticket for running the stop signs and he said, "No, there were no cars coming". I said, "yeah, but aren't you worried a cop might write you a ticket?" and he said, "no, the cop will be able to see there were no cars coming!". :confused: