Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2020.48.26.x update, font size problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet most of the people whining in here have their phones set to 400x zoom and drive 20 mph below the speed limit anyways.

When trying to be funny but the “joke” fails...

D1C64665-DC60-46C0-912C-B718FE27D24D.png

This is B.S.

When I got my FSD 3.0 new computer, the Software version was set to a much older version.

May be to get coherent installation results based on the same software version when installing a new hardware.

I went through the same upgrade; the 'much older version' ypou noticed after the FSD 3.0 upgrade was the version that was current when the 3.0 hardware was manufactured; once you get an update the answer has always been the same. Not possible to roll back.

I know this is on the M3 page so I will be brief since my comments are geared to the Model Xs. I had a 2016 Model X which I sold last August and purchased another 2019 Model X in August 2019.
I have read all the complaints and have to agree with a few.
1) New speedo Font is no too small.
2) Never used games, I read article Elon likes them for occupants for the FSD cars in future, I understand.
3) Dislike the smaller car on the driver's dash now as the brake lights do not show up when activated.
4) Dittos on the rear view camera.
Would really like to see both the range in miles and percentage of battery constantly displayed. Really missed that ability when taking trips and looking for super chargers.

I am 67 and wife is 64 and we agree on all the above as many others. Love the car but would really like standard rear opening doors vs gul wing doors as I still hit my head on them.
We can't wait to get rid of our last ICE car until she gets her 7 passenger MY.

Disgusted with even smaller fonts. Yes, I am over 55 and wear distance glasses whilst driving. Have been waiting for over a year in hope of a user customisable option, like fan control that doesn’t require eyes off road(auto poor hot climate), or more obvious turn signal indication? Now more wasted white space, tiny fonts, some with subtle darker shade for in use. I won’t even get started on why some have moved location? Last straw Tesla. Hoping next years new model EV’s have a traditional user interface that is not pinned to FSD and too bad for everyone else. Interface getting worse, promise of improvements is car salesmen’s jargon.

i do wish they'd move the speed to the bottom or lower than it's current position. My steering wheel in optimal position blocks the speedometer.
This is the real problem with the front changes... Not that it is preferred or not by some people, but the increased potential for a critical component to become completely unusable in the UI. The fact that the height doesn't exceed the girth of the steering wheel at certain viewing angle/distance is utter incompetent design. A visual indicator which potentially can't be seen?!

Just got notification of a new Software Update 20.48.30 Anyone know what this contains. Hopefully it will address some of the concerns voiced in this thread. Am reluctant to install without knowing the content. Agree with the majority here that 20.48.26 is a retrograde step. We need usable none distracting driver information not stupid noises and video games.

2021 Model Y LR AWD.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer