Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2020.48.26.x update, font size problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since last update (2020.48.26) the fonts are too small.
It still shows traffic lights, but since the update not if they are red, orange (yellow) or green. They’re all just grey. Does anyone else have the same problem?
The car often picks up the speed limit of the adjacent service road, while I’m driving on the main road. This is very annoying, because the main road can have a speed limit of 80 km/h and the service road sometimes of only 30 km/h. So the car - when on autopilot - sometimes slows down all of a sudden from 80 to 30 km/h, which is very dangerous. Still does this after the update.

Since last update (2020.48.26) the fonts are too small.
It still shows traffic lights, but since the update not if they are red, orange (yellow) or green. They’re all just grey.....
In the FSD beta videos you can see that (for example) if you are in a left turn lane that left turn traffic light will show the current color but the straight lanes will be greyed out. In other words only the traffic light that applies to your lane will have color. I've observed that happen many times in the beta videos. Is it possible that's what you are seeing with a normal build?

Last edited:
Is part two going to un-do all the awful UX/UI changes they introduced?

They really need to stop prioritizing games and graphics of the vehicle in park over functional enhancements. This is getting ridiculous.
100% this^^^^. We have two Tesla's and the only time we ever sit in our car doing nothing is ....NEVER!!!! all the games and "non" driving functionality is completely useless for us. We never SuperCharge and do have long daily commutes. Working hard towards at least a decent L3 commute would be hands down light-years more beneficial...

Last edited:

No photo rendered?

Adding my opinion on the new type sizes. I think it’s a safety issue for older people like me who simply can no longer read the charge%, energy display scale markings, odometer, temperature, etc. Very poorly thought out. I loved the driver’s display for the last year, now I hate it. Disappointing.

And yes I did pass my operator’s license vision test with a corrective lens restriction, and I wear my corrective lenses. The display still totally sucks.

I have to add my voice to the growing throngs who are at the very least unimpressed with the latest update. Personally, I find the new display one of the absolute worst things I've ever seen on a computer screen. It was so bad that I was hesitant to drive because I didn't know if I was going to find the information I needed. Bad fonts, font sizes, colors - almost cartoonish - and above all the waste of screen space for the car's display.

Seriously, at the very least, GIVE US A CHOICE of how much screen space we wish to have for navigation vs. car visualization. How about the ability to toggle between the old layout and the new one at the swipe of a finger to the left?

I'm posting because I'm hoping that the more people complain, the quicker the Tesla powers that be who monitor this website will fix the problem that they created.

Bad Tesla, Bad bad bad Tesla!!

100% this^^^^. We have two Tesla's and the only time we ever sit in our car doing nothing is ....NEVER!!!! all the games and "non" driving functionality is completely useless for us. We never SuperCharge and do have long daily commutes. Working hard towards at least a decent L3 commute would be hands down light-years more beneficial...

Yeah I agree. But two of the new games work while driving so you no longer have to be parked.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gt1948
This might not be a popular opinion on this forum, but I’m alarmed by how the UI is being optimized for FSD at the expense of folks who just want to drive the car manually. As someone who doesn’t even like using the basic autopilot and has absolutely no interest in paying for FSD, I’d love to minimize the car visualization. Instead they keep taking up more of the screen and becoming more distracting at the expense of usability.